Water leak or condensation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenMonkey

Reaction score
I’m having an odd water issue in the passenger floorboard. I noticed that there’s a wet spot in the center of the carpet. Looked underneath the carpet and the floor is wet, but no standing water in door sill area and kick panel is dry. Went ahead and used some rtv on the two screws in the cowl panel that are known problem spots. That didn’t fix it. I then redid the seam sealer around the end of the cowl panel in case there were some porous spots that water was getting through. That also didn’t fix it. I don’t see any water dripping from the windshield over the spot or any moisture behind the dash. I don’t currently have any jute padding under the carpet (ordered some today). Could this cause some type of condensation issue to arise since the wet area under the carpet is directly above the exhaust pipes? Maybe the exhaust heat causing condensation under the carpet on humid days? Let me know what y’all think and thanks in advance.