Water in passenger floor board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clayzer

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 95 Chevy k1500 and it is leaking water into the passenger floorboard. I’ve looked and seen no leaks that I could find. It hasn’t rained where I live at and it doesn’t smell like antifreeze. I should mention that the truck has the AC option but it is not working. I’m just lost and would like to fix this issue, any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5158.jpeg
    IMG_5158.jpeg
    505.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4431.jpeg
    IMG_4431.jpeg
    436.8 KB · Views: 5

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
May have a water leak from the cowling area. I have located the point where the water comes in at before by using paper towels and wadding them up and stuffing them between the heater box and the firewall. If you remove the wiper arms and then the cowling cover, you may be able to see the source. You can run a water hose and see where the water is coming in at. If there is no rain and no a/c working, then the next likely source is coolant leak, whether you smell it or not. Have you checked the coolant level and pressure tested the cooling system?

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 95 Chevy k1500 and it is leaking water into the passenger floorboard. I’ve looked and seen no leaks that I could find. It hasn’t rained where I live at and it doesn’t smell like antifreeze. I should mention that the truck has the AC option but it is not working. I’m just lost and would like to fix this issue, any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
I've experienced a similar issue and even heard the sound of sloshing water when making turns or lane changes. I pulled off the wiper arms and cowling and found the water drains that drain to the inner fender. They were clear and the water flowed unimpeded. My water issue usually occurred in the spring after sitting all winter. I picked up a windshield frost shield which also covers the cowling (vented cover by wipers) and left it on over the winter. No further leaks. Perhaps some ice blocked the drains and allowed some overflow. I'm just guessing but thought I'd share.

clayzer

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the suggestions, I have checked the coolant level and all looks good. I should mention after I drive the truck, the water is hot in the floorboard, doesn’t smell like antifreeze. Hasn’t rained in my area in some time, so I wouldn’t think it was a leak of that sort. Thanks

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It's hot but no smell. Pressure test the cooling system to eliminate the cooling system leak possibility. Coolant level looks good? Really? Eliminate the guessing. The floorboard could be warm from engine heat and lack of insulation under the carpet. But is likely cooling system. maybe you only have water in the system. Check the damn thing.

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Leaky water bottle under the seat?

That area of the floorpan can get fairly hot, with the thermal transfer of a liquid, that may explain the heat. Though there is a backing to the carpet.

You've ruled out coolant, and it would feel oily anyhow. You said it hasn't rained. Haven't been to the car wash? I can only think it may be a leaky drink, or someone went #1.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You said no rain. You said a/c does not work. Has not been thru a car wash, correct? You did not say. Then if it is not from the cooling system........

When did the a/c last work?