Aussie GMC C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all,
I haven't been on for a while, too busy sorting out the wife's car. Anyway, the big towing mirrors I bought are not much good - I think they are for left hand drive, so the mirrors are outside the maximum setting I can move them too.

Not to worry, I bought some of these, hopefully they arrive soon. They seem to be a little more flexible... Anyone have these?
You must be registered for see images attach

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
i have those. came standard on 88-94 in the states. were on the 87-92 square bodies also. i just put one on mine to replace the right side mirror.
mine are stainless though.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I never was a fan of those mirrors, I liked the 95+ setup or a set of the newer tow mirrors like what you had. Just make sure they are tight behind that plastic cover otherwise the wind will push them in on you.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good feedback, I like the mixed reviews so thanks. Having no power won't bother me, I don't even have power windows or locking but I see the benefit and would be nice.

I've had to weld the tow mirrors just to try and change their angles, but its not worth it as it hardly changed. Our roads and parking bays aren't made for wide cars - I struggle to fit through the ticket area at the shopping centre (mall). I have to drive in at an angle or pull the mirrors in, I hope the new ones are a slight bit smaller, but if not at least I should be able to see what's behind me.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I had an adjustable version of what you bought on my 88 in stainless for towing. They had a screw with a handle and you could slide them out.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The new mirrors arrived, hopefully get to put them on tomorrow. I was also cleaning out the shed and I'm considering selling off the Falcon headlights and brackets if someone wants to buy them, maybe Deejaaa? I'm pretty happy with the new lights, and while no where near as bright, I'm probably going to get a lightbar and spotlights. I also don't do much night driving.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi Deejaaa, I was thinking $100US for the both, plus the postage which I can work out once packed up etc. Much cheaper than Twinlight, but obviously these are not brand new lights.

They work well but you will need to solder a little extra pigtail or solder at the terminals as I cut mine and also get a few bolts to bolt it to the body. One light is a little loose but its just a clip which can be replaced.

Anyway, let me know. I can take more photos if you want.