Aussie GMC C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
And maybe someone there can help... I put 265 70R 16's on the factory steel wheels. They seem to protrude from the sides a lot, and even at max PSI (about45) they still bag. I think they are too wide for the narrow rims but anyway..the main issue is that they scrub with any decent turning, not even near full lock. Is anyone else running this size or have the same problems?

are these the rims? and where exactly are they rubbing? i can't imagine they would.....
imag1022-jpg.42383

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The timber is Merbau - a common hardwood here for decking. It's finished in a decking oil after a light sand.

Those are the rims, its touching the sway bar at the front on both sides. I had a look under the car and the metal turn stops look pretty worn so maybe its just got more turn angle than it should. Maybe there is supposed to be rubber stops and they have worn or come free but not sure. I'll have to weld up something else.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
The timber is Merbau - a common hardwood here for decking. It's finished in a decking oil after a light sand.

Those are the rims, its touching the sway bar at the front on both sides. I had a look under the car and the metal turn stops look pretty worn so maybe its just got more turn angle than it should. Maybe there is supposed to be rubber stops and they have worn or come free but not sure. I'll have to weld up something else.

looked like teak from my house....that's a good, hard and stable wood....i'd like to work with it......good choice....pretty high janka rating too. yea, i was a carpenter

you may be correct on the stops...i can't figure out why else it could do that.....i'll look under my truck tomorrow, but it may be different as i have a 1/2 ton......i'll snap a pic or three.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
looked on the ebay au site and didn't see any ambulance lights for sale. can you send me a link? might have the key words off. thanks mate.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
looked like teak from my house....that's a good, hard and stable wood....i'd like to work with it......good choice....pretty high janka rating too. yea, i was a carpenter

you may be correct on the stops...i can't figure out why else it could do that.....i'll look under my truck tomorrow, but it may be different as i have a 1/2 ton......i'll snap a pic or three.
shovelbill, you are a hard mate to judge by your cover:
"It measures the force required to embed an 11.28 mm (.444 in) steel ball into wood to half the ball's diameter. This method leaves an indentation. A common use of Janka hardness ratings is to determine whether a species is suitable for use as flooring. The hardness of wood varies with the direction of the wood grain."
good rating of the 'ol janka.