Aussie GMC C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shame that postage is expensive for heavy and bulky things. I really want to get a NV4500 to swap in and they are just nowhere to be found here. Maybe if someone out there with one wanted a 4L80e we could work something out. But it's a long shot!

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Shame that postage is expensive for heavy and bulky things. I really want to get a NV4500 to swap in and they are just nowhere to be found here. Maybe if someone out there with one wanted a 4L80e we could work something out. But it's a long shot!

i sent some Harley flywheels to a friend in OZ.....12"X12"X10" box, 50 pounds was $140 from my dealership...and we get a big discount on shipping from UPS through the Harley/UPS contract.......the other day day i bought 4 lights covers, clear plastic little ***** that can't weigh 2 pounds, $35 AU to ship here........

incidently, great guy Osher at this place,: http://4x4direc.myob.net/gallery/COVERS/cibie-super-oscar-clear-covers/225085

he was VERY helpful to me, real good communication.....and i got to "talkin" to him through Facebag from a link on their page. did the whole deal on facebook/paypal

but shipping to/from that island is nutzoexpensive........i want to RIDE there.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

i'm thinking figuring out how to get a sea container.......fill that thing up and ship THAT......i know it's cheaper to that from other countries, especially when it's a "ton" of stuff.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a few jobs out of the way yesterday. I adjusted the wipers as they were staying up the windscreen. Not a hard job but was different to the videos I'd seen online due to the mechanisms being changed over RHD.

Also, I lifted the drivers door with a floor jack as replacing the pins didn't really help. In fact, even going to a newer door didn't help, so I'm thinking its the cab mounts. For now it's better anyway.

And, adjusted the parking brake. I also ordered some Gabriel shocks for the front, are they any good?

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Got a few jobs out of the way yesterday. I adjusted the wipers as they were staying up the windscreen. Not a hard job but was different to the videos I'd seen online due to the mechanisms being changed over RHD.

Also, I lifted the drivers door with a floor jack as replacing the pins didn't really help. In fact, even going to a newer door didn't help, so I'm thinking its the cab mounts. For now it's better anyway.

And, adjusted the parking brake. I also ordered some Gabriel shocks for the front, are they any good?

for what it's worth Clinton, i just ordered 4 Gabriel Max Control shocks myself......i did some research as usual when buying something i've never had.....and these are what i chose to try. got the steering stabilizer too, that's what i actually started looking for.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for what it's worth Clinton, i just ordered 4 Gabriel Max Control shocks myself......i did some research as usual when buying something i've never had.....and these are what i chose to try. got the steering stabilizer too, that's what i actually started looking for.

Is the stabiliser something just for the 4x4 or also for 2wd?