@#$###&_+ GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deancr11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone want to give me the odds of the tranny I just built being pulled back out and gone through again. So far in the last few months I have replaced the transfer case after that the rear end and now the tranny. Problem is after I install it it does ok but then the TCC switch went to hell and the pillow switch not counting the wiring harness started to leak. Yes the wiring harness is my dumb### fault for reusing it. So any other thoughts oh it's a 4l80e that I did put a trans go kit in. New bushings new pump all clutch's and several hard parts since the bushings were gone

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to give me the odds of the tranny I just built being pulled back out and gone through again. So far in the last few months I have replaced the transfer case after that the rear end and now the tranny. Problem is after I install it it does ok but then the TCC switch went to hell and the pillow switch not counting the wiring harness started to leak. Yes the wiring harness is my dumb### fault for reusing it. So any other thoughts oh it's a 4l80e that I did put a trans go kit in. New bushings new pump all clutch's and several hard parts since the bushings were gone
What's the actual problem(s)?

Also, what in the world is a pillow switch? Ive but quite a few 4L80Es over the years and don't recall a pillow switch ever being installed. But if the "pillow switch" has gone bad, odds are 100% that you will need to pull it back out and rebuild it all over again, lol.

What Transgo kit? SK4L80E? You didnt install that stupid pressure relief mechanism that comes in the kit, right?

Deancr11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I did install that POS but I'm sure I won't when I rebuild it. I have another valve body that I will install. It's the pressure switch's. I guess I couldn't spell to good. Thanks for telling me what Ididnt want to hear and almost knew Nick'stransmission

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I deal with it on Shaggy's other forum too, if you jumble together words and misspell words, it sure makes it hard to read through and respond back, sometimes.

I know that you are peeved about doing work all over again and now it seems like "piling on" but if you want correct info and help, @NickTransmissions is the way to go.

Deancr11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes sir Movietvet I believe your right. I've had it up to here with that truck if it was mine I blow it up but the wife seems to want to keep it

Deancr11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I have to pull that tranny back out and rebuild it because I'm a lucky Sob.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you did in the beginning but @NickTransmissions has videos out there about building these transmissions. I think on you tube but could be wrong. Hopefully he will chime in and point you in the right direction.
Pressure Switch Manifold assembly is being reported as the issue...Shouldn't require removal of the entire transmission, unless internal case damage is also present...A PSM swap should resolve the problems, otherwise.

Yep, I'm on Youtube.