Aussie GMC C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around the forum a lot lately, as I have had many headaches since buying an Ex-ambulance 2000 model 3500. I love the truck and the 6.5 but being ex-ambulance it's a wiring nightmare.

As you can imagine, getting parts here in Australia can be tough, so eBay has been my shopping mall for the last few weeks.

I might post in the electrical thread, but my current issue (pun intended) is the dash not showing tacho, speedo, temp and fuel, yet the other two gauges and warning lights seem to work okay. Many posts seem to show it could be the ignition switch, so I'll have a look at that. The ambulance fit-out meant much of the original wiring was butchered. Even the stereo is a pain. Oh, and getting the fault cods tested is also hard as I can't drive it anywhere or check what the codes could be.

Ill try and attach a photo. Thanks for being a great resource so far..

You must be registered for see images attach

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad the photo worked, Ill have to add some more.
So far have put in a third brake light, changed the seats to 60/40, hood protector, tow mirrors, overhead console to name a few. Driver's door pins replaced but still sags a bit and won't close all the way. Also purchased an original remote CD player and radio as I'm trying to bring it back to original settings.

Here it is pictured next my other project, an 89 Toyota Hilux.
You must be registered for see images attach

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's your plans for the Hilux? Love those trucks especially in the diesel option wish they were available in the states

Sent from my 454