1995 GMC K1500 Reconditioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salty K1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pulled out the driveshaft to replace the u-joints. The one that goes to slip yoke was easy. The one that goes to the axle refused to come out. Both of the caps got stuck in the driveshaft. One of the shaft's yoke ears was quite beat up, might have been a contributing factor there. Pressing on the u-joint did nothing to move it either. I then tried cutting the u joint and wasn't paying attention and hit the yoke with the cutoff wheel. Between the cut and the damage already done to it, I decided to just buy a whole new driveshaft. Don't know if the damage to the old one was sufficient to cause problems, but I'm not trying to find out. At least the new shaft will look great with all the other new stuff under there.

Salty K1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the new driveshaft in last week. Looks good, hopefully it won't have a bunch of vibration. It's a Dorman brand, their website states that it's balanced already.
You must be registered for see images attach

Salty K1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the last week I've been working on the cab mount. Got the mount itself placed in its spot and welded on one side. Most of the metal it welds to was rusted out, so I'm making patches for that as well. Spent a couple hours today making up a piece that will tie the floor and inner cab corner together, as well as weld to the cab mount. I hit it with some weld through primer and called it a day. Hoping to weld that one in tomorrow. I'll get some pics of this tomorrow as well.

Salty K1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got that piece welded in today, mostly. I didn't do a part of the bottom because it might be getting trimmed off. Yes I know, not the prettiest welds. What's the saying, a grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't.

Attachments

• 1000000654.jpg
    1000000654.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 3