1994 GMC K1500 Speedometer Problems - Help??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Who said the truck in the junkyard is a '96?

Always check the 10th digit of the VIN on the dash tag to confirm year.

Richard

Vettepilot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I got that off the door jamb decal. I now have a card printed up with the VIN/Year info and will take it with me when I go back to the junkyard. (My little flip phone does not do internet either; I just wanted a small bare bones phone for calls only.--> Ha! I am NOT one of those that walks around with a phone glued to my hand/in front of my face all the time! That's a pet peeve of mine.)

Thanks,
Vettepilot

Last edited:

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a problem with the temperature guage, it reads real low. Mechanic says I need and new instrument panel. Also, we're half way thru trip from Washington to Arizona, and the tach needle started jumping a little bit. But have to just keep driving (94 K1500, 189,000 miles, new 383).

Vettepilot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if you are worried about it, you could put an aftermarket temp gauge on it cheap and easy.

If your thermostat stuck open, temps would be low. Grab a thermometer and check the actual water temp to see if the gauge is really off. For myself, I would have to change out the sensor itself before thinking it was the gauge.

383--> nice! I built one years ago and was real happy with it...

Vettepilot