1995 k1500 aka granopy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just recently got back a truck I bought from the original owner had for a couple years but gave it to my dad as he needed a reliable rig . Fast forward 15 years and after a fender bender he decided he wasn’t fit for driving anymore so it just sat in his back yard collecting moss . Goals for the truck is an always ready to go exploring rig .
Long term plans are either swapping in a 9.25 front diff and doing a coilover swap or doing a sas
Either finding a light pop up slide in camper or building my own
Cam and reworking the TBI to help wake up the motor a little
Hidden winch in the stock bumper
Duel battery’s
Onboard air
And other goodies
Day I picked it up
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
Reaction score
First thing s first was tires . They needed to be replaced 10 years ago so I busted out the manual tire machine and mounted up some 315/75r16 geolander g015 tires on some grey steel wheels . Thankfully not all tires of the same size are actually the same size . They are skinny for a 315 so they fit on the wheels nicely

Reaction score
First bit of camping goodies to be installed is a 270 awning . I made fun of these for a long time but OMG the setup time is under a min . It’s just on there temporarily as I need to make some plates to spread out the load on the canopy .

jd33173

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
First bit of camping goodies to be installed is a 270 awning . I made fun of these for a long time but OMG the setup time is under a min . It’s just on there temporarily as I need to make some plates to spread out the load on the canopy .
Very cool

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool rig! The wheel and tire combo looks good.

I’ve always wondered about removing the bed and getting a pop up camper and mounting it to the frame. It might look a little hillbilly but if it was painted same color as the truck it might look kinda cool. Prob look even better if the truck was lifted a little and had some armor, winch etc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cool rig! The wheel and tire combo looks good.

I’ve always wondered about removing the bed and getting a pop up camper and mounting it to the frame. It might look a little hillbilly but if it was painted same color as the truck it might look kinda cool. Prob look even better if the truck was lifted a little and had some armor, winch etc.
I ment a slide in the bed pop up camper , although I have seen a few people put a tent trailer on their rig and it seemed to work well . I’ll still need the bed for truck things . I got most the way done with a camper for my frontier but life kinda happened and I’m selling it so I sold off the camper . Kinda thinking the same basic shape for the truck