Aussie GMC C3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi Deejaa, where did you divert the CDR to if not in the intake? Over here its a common practice to use a long tube and run it in the chassis rail to act as a rust protection, but obviously not legal.

I'll take a video of it running in the next few days, the 'blow off' noise is really loud I thought I'd broken something.

Shovelbill, I kept the old headlights which were fitted on import by the Victorian Ambulance. I'm tempted to throw them back in as I found the light output much better. The new eBay lights look okay but are really dull and hard to adjust. Happy to give you model numbers etc. Pretty much they are lights from an XR6 or XR8 Ford Falcon around the same era. The frames holding the lights are unique to the GMC, probably took a while to make.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
Hi Deejaa, where did you divert the CDR to if not in the intake? Over here its a common practice to use a long tube and run it in the chassis rail to act as a rust protection, but obviously not legal........
our verbiage might be off but might have the same meaning.
my CDR goes in right before the turbo. any further from that point creates pressure and will not allow the crankcase to remain negative.
(i coat my frame using diesel and mirror mastic which is a black/tar similar to roofing tar but thicker. i mix them, the tar dissolves and becomes as thick as you want it by varying the ratio. had it so thin to spray it through a nozzle. lasts for years and seals out all moisture. sorry for the long description.)
similar stuff:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
similar method:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Hey Clinton, could you post pictures of the frames that hold the light to give us an idea of how we could make a set?

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Hi Deejaa, where did you divert the CDR to if not in the intake? Over here its a common practice to use a long tube and run it in the chassis rail to act as a rust protection, but obviously not legal.

I'll take a video of it running in the next few days, the 'blow off' noise is really loud I thought I'd broken something.

Shovelbill, I kept the old headlights which were fitted on import by the Victorian Ambulance. I'm tempted to throw them back in as I found the light output much better. The new eBay lights look okay but are really dull and hard to adjust. Happy to give you model numbers etc. Pretty much they are lights from an XR6 or XR8 Ford Falcon around the same era. The frames holding the lights are unique to the GMC, probably took a while to make.

yes please! any and all information would be greatly appreciated! and the more pictures you could send the better......

i found your thread because Dr Zoom was kind enough to post pictures of you rig on our thread..... found this in my quest shortly thereafter. http://www.twinlight.com.au/twinlightspareparts.htm

here's where i started talking about doing something similar........this thread contains information i believe you'll find very useful as we all suffer from lousy front lighting. lots of good input from experienced folks.....brew some coffe asi tend to go WAY off the rails.....LOL

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/spyder-headlamps-my-take-on-em-and-lighting-in-general.36647/page-12

i don't think your low beams wouldn't work for us.....you drive on the LEFT side of the road, while steering from the right seat, correct?
are there places in Australia that is opposite with LHD cars?

what species of wood did you use on the deck....maybe i missed it.

You must be registered for see images

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi fellas,

I ran out of time to get the measurements, but I'll try and get some for you. The link to that website for the XR lights looks good, but gee they are expensive. It would be far cheaper to buy Falcon headlights on eBay - they are a super common car here and normally pretty cheap for parts. I'm happy to help you guys out if you can't find any or the postage is too difficult.

Anyway here are some photos that may assist...

You must be registered for see images attach

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Deejaaa, I had a look on eBay here and plenty to choose from. I'm surprised how expensive they are though. I think as a cheaper option, enquiring with some American wreckers here in Aus. American Used for example has plenty of knowledge with ex-ambulances and may have some lights to suit which would require no modification.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A friend made a boost bolt, as the postage was from Lelroy was going to cost more than the bolt.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But the next plan is to make something like this one, in which case the bolt may need tweaking.

Clinton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And maybe someone there can help... I put 265 70R 16's on the factory steel wheels. They seem to protrude from the sides a lot, and even at max PSI (about45) they still bag. I think they are too wide for the narrow rims but anyway..the main issue is that they scrub with any decent turning, not even near full lock. Is anyone else running this size or have the same problems?