***Your HID Questions Answered Here.***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
You know if they banished any Kelvin temperature above 6000K I'd be ok with that.

I install HID kits on vehicles weekly. Any time a customer asks for anything above 6000K I refuse to install them.

Charby

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question, i bought a cheapy set off ebay they worked for a day naw when i turn them on one works and the other flickers and diesent ignight, any ideas? Bad conection? Ballast , bulb?

I regret buyin cheapys:(:(

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a question, i bought a cheapy set off ebay they worked for a day naw when i turn them on one works and the other flickers and diesent ignight, any ideas? Bad conection? Ballast , bulb?

Sounds like you need a relay harness, my HID's had the same problem.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
You know if they banished any Kelvin temperature above 6000K I'd be ok with that.

I install HID kits on vehicles weekly. Any time a customer asks for anything above 6000K I refuse to install them.

Have you seen the HID bulbs that change colors? I'm not 100% sure how it's done, I suspect some sort of multi-color diode setup somewhere on the bulb. wait for it....wait for it....green headlights like the Green Hornet car!!!

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you seen the HID bulbs that change colors? I'm not 100% sure how it's done, I suspect some sort of multi-color diode setup somewhere on the bulb. wait for it....wait for it....green headlights like the Green Hornet car!!!

"dual sodium-bicarbonate" IIRC

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yep, as CanuckZ71 said, a relay harness would solve your problem most likely. It's not that you bought a cheap HID kit, honestly there all similiar in quality whether there $30 or $130. See HID's require a large amount of power to ignite the bulb, and a lot of times the stock wiring isn't up to the task being it's a rather small gauge wire and the run is rediculously long and underpowered for the job it's doing. With a relay harness, it draws direct power from the battery which results in having plenty of power to ignite both ballasts and eliminate any flickering issues.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Also, if your vehicle has an underhood power center, that would help declutter your battery terminals. Most ones I've seen have an Auxiliary-A and Auxiliary-B post, these are pretty much off-shoots of the battery's positive post, the wire that powers them is massive.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Well guys i am back with another HID question. I asked a few pages back whether HIDs get hotter than halogens or not (apparently they do!), but now i want to know...would HIDs MELT my headlight lenses? I was talking to a friends cousin the other night and the cousin said HIDs started to melt his headlight lenses in his explorer (or his current Malibu, dont remember). I didn't think these trucks came stock with glass lenses, since my OEM replacements are plastic...So has anyone had issues with damages housings using HIDs?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you sure your friend wasn't running 55w HIDs? 35w HIDs should run around the same temp as 55w halogen bulbs. You shouldn't have any heat issues.