***Your HID Questions Answered Here.***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. I don't want to "tear up" anything, so I will just refrain from using my hi-beams. I'm sure that the HID's on low beam will be even brighter than my crappy silverstar halogens on high beam. I hate my halogens right now. They just market them to try and reel idiots in (me) to believe that they're what I really wanted. They're not. Not until I got on here and did some research did I notice I needed HID's... So yeah, I'll just stick with the low beams and then order the high beams next, which will require a whole separate ballast, relay and everything correct?

I went ahead and bought a new battery today so the HID's will have plenty of power. That's the whole point of the relay harness right?? So they run more off the battery? They won't heavily run down my battery or anything I should be worried about?? Let me know your thoughts guys. I'm gonna do some quick shopping and figure out what I want and await info about them running down my battery. Thanks for the help, It's greatly appreciated.

Yes, when you order your high beam HID kit, it will require 2 ballast, 2 bulbs, and a relay kit if you decide to go that route. What the harness does, is draws power for the ballasts from the battery instead of from the headlight switch. They won't run down your battery or anything like that unless you leave your lights on with your truck shut off for an hour or something like that. HID's actually draw less power while running then halogens do, however the HID's take quite a bit of power to "ignite". So you shouldn't have any problems with your battery or anything along those lines. And your going to want to find a 9006 HID kit for you lows!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, my low beam bulbs are the 9005/HB3 style? I'm looking in the manual and it says:
Low/High Beam 6052
High Beam 9005

At DDM it only has a selection for 9005...not 6052. Definitely want to make sure I'm ordering the right thing. It would be just like me to order the wrong dang bulb.

Also guys, what's difference of 35w and 55w?? My power rating is at 55/65.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, when you order your high beam HID kit, it will require 2 ballast, 2 bulbs, and a relay kit if you decide to go that route. What the harness does, is draws power for the ballasts from the battery instead of from the headlight switch. They won't run down your battery or anything like that unless you leave your lights on with your truck shut off for an hour or something like that. HID's actually draw less power while running then halogens do, however the HID's take quite a bit of power to "ignite". So you shouldn't have any problems with your battery or anything along those lines. And your going to want to find a 9006 HID kit for you lows!

See I'm glad you said that because the manual says 9005, and doesn't say 9006 anywhere lol So I'm for sure the 9006 bulbs for now just so I can get low beams goin?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also am I going to need to get adaptor cables (it says something about 9006 in the drop box so I have no idea) and also mounting brackets? lol Sorry I just want to have everything straight and get it right the first time.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See I'm glad you said that because the manual says 9005, and doesn't say 9006 anywhere lol So I'm for sure the 9006 bulbs for now just so I can get low beams goin?

Yes, the 9006 bulb is the one you want for the low beams! The other bulb number you mentioned is for the sealed beam W/T style headlights!

Also am I going to need to get adaptor cables (it says something about 9006 in the drop box so I have no idea) and also mounting brackets? lol Sorry I just want to have everything straight and get it right the first time.

I'm not a 100% sure what the DDM kits all require, I've never delt with them because of what I've read about there customer service. But anyways you shouldn't need any adapter cables or additional mounting brackets. Both of those things should be integrated into the kit your looking at!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Excellent. I just read this whole 6 pages and find out a little here and there. I'm going with DDM because I really don't feel like messing with a random on ebay. I figure DDM has the lifetime warranty so any probs and it's paid for...I believe I've got it all I can't wait!!

When it comes time for the hi beams do I just basically order the exact same thing I am now? Are they the 9006 too?
I will probably order the 35w, but wondering what the difference is with a step up to 55w...Thanks again, sorry for blowin up the thread lol

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered em'
Raptor HID Kit, 35W, 9006, 6000K (Kit / Package)
Bulb Type: 9006/HB4
Wattage: 35W
Bulb Color: 6000K

Along with the relay harness. I downloaded the installation instructions, and it looks extremely easy. Guys ordering from DDM how many days it usually take to get to you. It won't process till monday morning obviously, but hopefully I can have them in by wednesday.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Excellent. I just read this whole 6 pages and find out a little here and there. I'm going with DDM because I really don't feel like messing with a random on ebay. I figure DDM has the lifetime warranty so any probs and it's paid for...I believe I've got it all I can't wait!!

When it comes time for the hi beams do I just basically order the exact same thing I am now? Are they the 9006 too?
I will probably order the 35w, but wondering what the difference is with a step up to 55w...Thanks again, sorry for blowin up the thread lol

When it comes time to order a set for your High beams, your going to need the 9005 Kit! There is some difference in light output between the 35W and 55W kits from what I've read, but I'm running the 35W HID's in my high beams and its plenty bright!

Also I read over on GMFS that DDM is now drop shipping there kits from china, so it takes roughly 2 weeks for delivery! I don't know if that is true or not, but that's what i heard!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha that sucks! It's no big deal though I'm in no rush. IF they come this week I'll get side tracked because this week is HEAVY exams and study week. I await my email that they've shipped and then I'll be able to see where they shipped from. Seems to sure be alot of rumors going around about DDM...uhoh

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
is there anything you can do to make it so that when you first turn them off after theyve been off for a while, so that they dont start off dull and then get brighter as they heat up