xXxPARAGONxXx’s 1999 Chevrolet K2500 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it the rivet gun causing the problem?
Na...I actually used a particular tool to roll the rivet. No rivet gun involved.

You must be registered for see images attach

It's just --- this is a two man job and even then, a pain in the ass.

I'm going to measure the roller and try and find a better roller that has a threaded stud. I'm confident there's something out there that will work (not Dorman).

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I pressed the rivet out of the roller. This will allow better footing (flat area at the bottom) for the rivet to sit on the arbor plate in press. Previously, could not do so because the plastic roller prevented the flat part of the rivet from contacting the arbor plate.

So, I will place the rivet on the window channel, roll it and press it down, and if all goes well, press it back into the roller.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the hang of it now.

Although I use the press to press out the pin from the plastic roller, I'm using just a sledge and the rivet roller to roll and press the pin on, and they're coming out good now. Then the only other time I use the press is to press the pin back into the plastic roller.

I'm going order some more rollers as I fubar'd a couple in the process. I think I'm going to re'do the ones on the window rail.