Wynjammer supercharger vortec 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustyoldbill

Reaction score
Hey all I’m looking for a part number for a belt for my wynjammer supercharger for my 97 Tahoe. Maybe someone’s has already asked but I haven’t had any luck so far. It runs off the alternator pulley. Any insight is appreciated.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Howdy,

Not a lot of Wynjammer people out there and definitely not many with the kit on a Vortec small block. I have no idea how many different belt setups they had; I found a couple pics just out of curiosity but none of the ones on a Vortec showed the belt part #. The TBI part # where it runs the cog drive belt off the add-on alternator pulley is a Gates 5MR650-25 (pic link: https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tbi/606102-tbi-supercharger.html)

If that belt isn't the right length, the 3 digit number is the length in millimeters. 5mm pitch, 650mm length, and 25mm width. So you should be able to alter the length number to get the correct belt with a little measuring using a piece of wire or string wrapped around the pulleys.

Richard

Dustyoldbill

Reaction score
Howdy,

Not a lot of Wynjammer people out there and definitely not many with the kit on a Vortec small block. I have no idea how many different belt setups they had; I found a couple pics just out of curiosity but none of the ones on a Vortec showed the belt part #. The TBI part # where it runs the cog drive belt off the add-on alternator pulley is a Gates 5MR650-25 (pic link: https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tbi/606102-tbi-supercharger.html)

If that belt isn't the right length, the 3 digit number is the length in millimeters. 5mm pitch, 650mm length, and 25mm width. So you should be able to alter the length number to get the correct belt with a little measuring using a piece of wire or string wrapped around the pulleys.

Richard
Yeah it’s not as common of a kit. I didn’t even know wynjammer existed until I found one used on a truck I bought. Thanks Richard that at least gives me somewhere to start! But ya for the vortec it’s basically the same set up bet backwards because obviously the alternator is on the passenger side.

thanks,
Jared

Dustyoldbill

Reaction score
FWIW that's a Gates timing belt the kit used. Is your belt completely missing or is it just worn out? If it's missing I wonder if the supercharger is bad?

Richard
Yeah I think I found the right one. For some reason my local parts store couldn’t bring up anything with that part number so I’ve ordered what I think is the right one online. Yeah I have the old belt. It’s really worn out and broke in half...

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Have you called him yet. The owner of the company? Great guy from all my experiences

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk