WTB: Tahoe/Suburban tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As close to southeast Michigan as possible. I'll drive pretty far if it's a dark cherry metallic in near perfect condition. Speaking of...

If you have any other color that is dent/rust free with minimal scratches, post up pics and name your price. I'm looking for one. I had a guy on Facebook tell me I could drive to IL and buy his, but now he's not answering me.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you try car-part.com? It’s a salvage yard search engine, a lot of the listings have photos of the vehicles.

Just a quick search, but it looks decent in the photo and is listed at $100.

You must be registered for see images attach

http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy crap that looks nice! The last time I searched on car-part was last year. I spent two hours driving to a lot because the guy on the phone said, "Man, I can't go and look at the tailgate in the yard. The description says "must see," so that means you have to come see it for yourself," after I had asked him if he can go and verify that it's there and the condition that it's in.

I actually got in touch with the guy on Facebook last night. He said he's been having issues with receiving and sending messages lately, so we agreed to stick to texting each other instead. He said he will get back with me on it today around 5, and if he doesn't by 6, to text him.

If this doesn't pan out, I will definitely be checking out that one from LKQ. I just HATE dealing with the junkyards around here. LOL

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good deal, maybe he’ll come through this time. I’ve never pulled the one on mine, but the spring-loaded torsion bar thing looks like it could become aggravating. Here is the service manual procedure in case you need it.

You must be registered for see images attach

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wasn't so far, I have a rust free one you can have on a truck I'm about to haul to the scrap yard.

Wouldn't be worth the drive to SW MS or shipping cost

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good deal, maybe he’ll come through this time. I’ve never pulled the one on mine, but the spring-loaded torsion bar thing looks like it could become aggravating. Here is the service manual procedure in case you need it.

I must have passed over your picture when I looked at this post last. That's a really handy guide that you posted, and I appreciate that. I just messaged the guy today about this weekend since the weather looks like it may be nice. I would have definitely ruined something for sure without looking at that. Frustration tends to get the best of me. Thanks for sharing that lol

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just called the place with the Cadillac tailgate. The guy says they cant look at the inside of the bottom lip because they can't get power to pop the glass. LOL, he told me to try to call them back in a week or so to see if they got it.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It opens with the key also, doesn’t it? I can’t say that I’ve ever tried it on mine, but would think that it would.

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It opens with the key also, doesn’t it? I can’t say that I’ve ever tried it on mine, but would think that it would.

I believe it does. I don't know if they have the key or not. He didn't seem like he was open to suggestions from me, however.

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody else have any leads on one of these? I just re-checked the listing to call him again and see if they've had any luck getting the Escalade one open, and it looks like the listing is gone.