Withdrawals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
This is more of a voice your opinion type thread. Anyways ive always had a project, but it always became "too much" of a project. my camaros both were stripped down and i had to move on from rebuilding the car for many personal reasons. fortunately my friend took the car off my hands and i still get to provide input and well him and i thinnk alike so its almost how i planned on making the car. anywho im having withdrawals. i love having garage space to park the yukon, but i miss having something to work on that i dont have to rely on everyday. im knew to the whole lowered truck thing, not sure if i like it or not but ive been seeing many 2wd trucks out there especailly one that darkrider helped me find for 500 bucks. im debating if i should try it out. lower it, slap in my 468, paint, wheels.......etc. done yanno. Problem is im worried that ill get attached to it. id love to have another fbody but around here they are overpriced junk or correctly priced gems. maybe im sorta just ranting but i dunno, what would you guys do. try out the 2wd project truck way or keep the garage space clean and for the yukon at night so i can work on that whenever?

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
I freaking love the look of lowered gmt400s. But I have grown bored with it and I'm searching for a 4x4 now to lift.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
before i joined this site i always thought once i got a truck like i wanted it id buy a mustang or something of that sort and make it real fast. But after seeing the lowered trucks on here i think ill get a rcsb 2wd with a 350 vortex and make that fast they look sick.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i love my lifted truck and hell i know of a lonely sas 89 frame that i could mount a body on and drivetrain and call it a day but i was just curious. i like being really high up ro down really low. its an idea at the moment, just trying to see what yall think and what you guys like about lowered trucks.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lowered trucks are a blast. I'm sure it would be even more so with a hot big block. I say go for it if the Yukon is in good shape an you don't need to do anything major to it for a while.....

Gatorboy

Reaction score
My truck is lowered 2/4. It's awesome on the back roads for tight curves.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Lowered trucks are a blast. I'm sure it would be even more so with a hot big block. I say go for it if the Yukon is in good shape an you don't need to do anything major to it for a while.....

yukon still needs body work and some interior work bigger tires, different suspension eventually an sas but id like a break from it. i can never focus on one thing so i always have multiple projects going on. im more efficient that way.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
My truck is lowered 2/4. It's awesome on the back roads for tight curves.

if i got a 2wd truck and decided to lower it id use some of the stuff in my garage like the big block, the semi bags i have or my old camaros suspension, i have full camaro aftermarket exhaust, stuff begging to be used that i want to put into something and watch something take form.

Gatorboy

Reaction score
if i got a 2wd truck and decided to lower it id use some of the stuff in my garage like the big block, the semi bags i have or my old camaros suspension, i have full camaro aftermarket exhaust, stuff begging to be used that i want to put into something and watch something take form.
That would be cool! I had planned on parking this '95 in the garage and building the motor, but that interest has been lost.