wiring question about adding accesories

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bartlett

Reaction score
I want to add another fuse block or distinction block if that's what's it's called, to be able to wire in my accessories without having to splice into a bunch of wires to do it. I have no idea about electrical so any help is appreciated. I don't know where to even start looking. I know I want to run a constant 12v and a ignition 12v to a fuse panel right? I have no idea what I'm doing, but I learn quick.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
First off you need to figure out the total draw (amps) of the components you want to run. That will determine wire size and fuse size and ultimately the aux fuse panel size. Then you need to start reading and learning about automotive electrical systems.

An alternative is to use fuse taps instead if splicing into wires.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is a simple one I made

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm kidding :lol: That's out of a newer Kenworth truck. This is what I did in my truck.

Block of UHMW from the hardware store for a base, relays and fuse blocks from http://www.delcity.net/

Power is supplied to the fuse block from the battery, there is a fuse at the battery to protect that wire, there is ground wire run directly from the battery to the grounding strip. I did not use an ignition source because relay control circuit is ignition powered for what I'm doing. The second fuse block is actually for an ignition power but I don't need it right now so I didn't wire it in.

bartlett

Reaction score
Sweet. That is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
I use a Blue Sea 6 fuse block with a negative bus (a common place to ground my accessories). I have four spots in use, HID's, aux fan, fog lights and rear lights.

You run one main fused power wire and one main negative wire, to the block. (or you can ground your accessories where ever they are mounted).

Then you have 6 possible hook-ups.

it looks like this

and wired similar to this (image does not show neg bus)

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's my extra fuse panel in the storage bin under the hood.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
I use a Blue Sea 6 fuse block with a negative bus (a common place to ground my accessories). I have four spots in use, HID's, aux fan, fog lights and rear lights.

You run one main fused power wire and one main negative wire, to the block. (or you can ground your accessories where ever they are mounted).

Then you have 6 possible hook-ups.

it looks like this

and wired similar to this (image does not show neg bus)
I have a similar system for my pov lights. Works good imo

sent from my glade air freshner

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I do what Sin did also, it's simple and clean and keeps my factory harnesses in tact, or as intact as they were already.

Wiring is easy once you get into it, don't get overwhelmed.