Wiper Motor info ?????????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I would guess this question would go here the wiper motor is under the hood but nothing else is.. I have no wipers .... Went to the junkyard got one out of same year truck and I plugged it in before I took mine apart. My first question is does it need to be mounted for a ground to work. Second question is if it does not need to be mounted then how do you take apart the collum to chang the switch. or is there something else it could be any suggestions or comment are appreciated very much. If thins is not the place im sorry in advance!!!!

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Could have been anote bad motor, these trucks are notorious for bad wiper motor circuit boards. You can get them from oreillys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
So the problem is that you turn the switch on and the wipers dont come on? Were they acting funny at all before going out? Like only coming on high, or not stopping when you turn them off?
Like dropped93 said, it could be the wiper motor pulse board. Mine went out not too long ago, luckily the part is fairly cheap and super easy to swap out

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never a problem before. I washed the truck then went to wipe widshield and nada.. Thanks for the VERY quick reply guys.. I love this site...

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Ok then, pulse board sounds like the problem...the reason they go bad is because water can leak into the housing so that would make sense that it stopped working after you washed it

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Yup I had to replace mine a couple years ago. Just takes a couple minutes

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine was replaced under a recall several years after i bought it new, i had already replaced it and had the recipt so they paid me the cost of the part plus something for labor, i made money on it haha. ive seen in other places how and where to resolder the circuit board where it goes bad also if thats your problem.

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I replaced the motor and nothing then my wife was following me and noticed that I had no brake lights . So I got out the handy dandy test light and I had power to both taillights and the wiper motor. So I started looking for loose grounds and walla. I guess when I changed the engine last week I broke a wire in the harness behind the motor.... fixed the wire and problems solved thanks guys for your input I really appreciate it.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Well I replaced the motor and nothing then my wife was following me and noticed that I had no brake lights . So I got out the handy dandy test light and I had power to both taillights and the wiper motor. So I started looking for loose grounds and walla. I guess when I changed the engine last week I broke a wire in the harness behind the motor.... fixed the wire and problems solved thanks guys for your input I really appreciate it.

Agh that's good to know, I just went through hell with my truck with ground issues after puttin my motor in these last few months