windshield sprayer/wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For all the members that have to use their wipers aka us northern folk. What do you like do use for a brand of wipers and do you use the stock sizes?
Also has anyone upgraded their sprayers? like getting ones that mount on your hood or swiping some from another vehicle? Mine are being a PITA with all this salt!

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use the rainx repels a discount store near me had an over stock from somewhere else and was selling them for $4 a wiper so I grabbed a few sets to have on hand if they got messed up while out plowing

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I use crappy tire winter blades. Nothing special, just the booted ones. I change 'em out in spring and fall so they don't wear out before I change 'em. Just part of my spring and fall prep.

I also have heated washer fluid and heated washer nozzles.

The heated fluid is from an "Alphatherm" unit and runs when the voltage is up.

My heated washer nozzles are from a Jetta and I grafted them on myself. They are wired to come on with the heated outside mirrors since they freeze overnight usually. I also put a temperature switch in the wiring that disables them above 5C.

I have a truck cap on mine and have installed an aftermarket heater grid for defrosting the rear window. Next up is installing a Tahoe rear wiper system to help clear the schmutz off it as well.

I have considered installing the heated windshield grids under the wiper blades to help with the freezing to the windshield overnight, but after the remote start and 1000W block heater it's never really been and issue so i passed on 'em.

Currently working on building some "wiper shakers" (google 'em if you want to know) to break up the ice that builds on the blades and housings in our crap winter weather. I can't stand reaching out to flick them when they go by.....:mad:

Next project on the horizon is headlight washers since the HID's need a clean, clear housing to get maximum range. Road salt sucks.....

you can buy heated wiper blades but (and this might sound silly from me after all the stuff on my truck) that seems to be a bit too much for me. Sounds like they would easily be damaged and/or burn out and probably expensive to replace. Wipers wear out and I wouldn't want to be buying those twice a year. Only a few places to get 'em (that would suck if you tore one or needed a replacement on a trip) so once bought you're locked in unless you want to just trash 'em. I don't like "monopolies" at all.

Yeah: I hate winter, but I'm always ready for it.

My perfect winter accessory would be a switch you could throw and the whole exterior of the truck would heat up to 10C and just sloff off all the winter nastiness in the morning.

Ah, one can only dream.....

:)

Last edited:

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, winters are fun when the road is covered in snow, but when the salt is out and transports pass you on the highway it sucks. I'm searching ebay for some heated nozzles. where do you have yours mounted? stock location?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I just use the contour style ones, I think they were Michelin latitudes. And as for washer fluid, whatever is on sale! The Salt here in NY is terrible, dries to the windshield almost immediately.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, winters are fun when the road is covered in snow, but when the salt is out and transports pass you on the highway it sucks. I'm searching ebay for some heated nozzles. where do you have yours mounted? stock location?

Yup.

They don't just slide in though. Lots of shaving, sawing heating and bending to get them in....