Windshield Replacement Woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi. Maybe I'm being too picky, but I recently had my windshield replaced and it doesn't seam to fit very well.

You must be registered for see images attach

The gap at the top is way too big. is it the rubber seal? Is there supposed to be a piece of trim that runs around the windshield. I had it replaced years ago and it sure looked a lot nicer. I feel pretty stupid not knowing what parts and pieces are supposed to be there. LOL

Can you guys post some pics of your windshield trim/rubber after a new install, or even your old glass? Thanks

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, it slid down. Typical to get it to the top tight as possible and tape it there. Some urethanes set up fairly quick some not so much so things like not flexing the structure driving or closing a door with all the windows up and creating pressure inside can be important for a few hours after install.

It looks little messy if pro's did it.

Last edited:

LovesDunes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, it slid down. Typical to get it to the top tight as possible and tape it there. Some urethanes set up fairly quick some not so much so things like not flexing the structure driving or closing a door with all the windows up and creating pressure inside can be important for a few hours after install.

It looks little messy if pro's did it.

I had it replaced by people that should know better.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here’s a pic of mine passenger side abouy 1/8” space all the way across
You must be registered for see images attach