Window Tint Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Well I got the tint off. Not a fun job. I can see when I back my truck into the garage, but now I feel like I'm in an aqarium. When it gets a bit warmer, I'm going to re-tint with 35%. That way other (dumbass) drivers can see when I give them directions by hand signals!:Nonono::untitled::yourself::flipthebird::321:

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
:lol: exactly why i hate dark tint simetimes, retards cant see the lovely gesture im giving them and by the time i roll my windows down there long gone

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will once it gets warm, you're not supposed to tint unless it's like 60's or 70's out.

carb cleaner and a rag works wonders on removing old tint and on the glue ot thinner and a rag.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i tinted my back window in my ext cab when it was about 15 out and it didnt come out to bad

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't say you can't do it, you just aint supposed to. LOL

I aint going to, I'll wait, I aint a fan of cold.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
I didn't say you can't do it, you just aint supposed to. LOL

I aint going to, I'll wait, I aint a fan of cold.

yeah me either but i wanted to do it and buy the time i was done my hands were numb because of the soap and water i was using on the tint

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I used 'Zippo' lighter fluid (It's naptha, same as what dry cleaners use) & a razor blade to remove the glue. Only fairly small areas can be done at a time, cause the naptha evaporates so fast.

redneck98

All the girls wanna ride!
Reaction score
5% on the front and 5% over stock on the back ones. its DARK
You must be registered for see images attach

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
I will once it gets warm, you're not supposed to tint unless it's like 60's or 70's out.

carb cleaner and a rag works wonders on removing old tint and on the glue ot thinner and a rag.

Actually the recommended tint temp is 40-98F. I've got an appointment in two weeks. Probably going 25% of the sides and 5% on the back and a strip on the windshield. I plan on doing the windshield in 50% later.