Wind Noise Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, my 93 rcsb has a ton of wind/ road noise mainly around where the door(s) sits to the cab, i will need some new rubber stripping and i might as well get the whole door, window package. Lmc has a kit but its about 80 bucks a door.. Bleh!
Has anyone gotten a new weather stripping kit for their cab? I have no issue gettin the lmc kit but id like some feedback on something someone else has already got, i know its kinda off topic for the interior thread but it seems like the best place to post.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=11

I ordered new weatherstripping for my truck It helped out %100 more with the rain, that water-falled in through my door seal. I noticed it helped with the wind a bit too. I'm not sure what you're looking at on LMC that says $80 per door, cuz I ordered both door weatherstripping which is #10 on the link, and both drip weatherstripping which is #12 on the link. I think your looking at around $100 plus shipping+tax for it all. I would recommend ordering all what I suggested.

jcoatswo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey LordFinesse,
If you want the OEM weatherstripping, it costs a little more but I can get it for you, I work at a Chevy Dealer. The stripping that goes all the way around the door, #10 on the LMC website is GM part number 15758703 and would be $65.35 each with the GMT400 discount (they list for $93.90 each) . The front drip weather strips, #12 on the LMC site are GM part number 15012833 and would be $31.68 each with the discount (these list for $45.52 each). They are quite a bit more than the LMC ones. But I wanted to just fill you in on the OEM ones. Certain things like sensors and modules you are much better off getting OEM. I'm not too sure what the quality difference in OEM versus LMC is weather stripping is. But FYI^^ theres your options.

Also I don't know how the weatherstripping on our trucks are attached but I've taken a lot off different cars and I would highly recommend this, or a similar tool http://www.sears.com/astro-pneumati...-SPM7435494202?prdNo=7&blockNo=7&blockType=G7 I have pretty much the same set from harbor freight but I couldn't find it on their site. I use these "upholstery/fork tools" for X amount of jobs in the garage, they're defiantly worth having in the toolbox.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks jcoatswo, and Artic Fox, rain is not an issue its just noise from the wind im thinking its most likely the seal for the window, im gonna take another look at that link right now

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also having those foam padding, that tuck into where the side mirrors are inside the door, help with wind too.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Hey LordFinesse,
If you want the OEM weatherstripping, it costs a little more but I can get it for you, I work at a Chevy Dealer. The stripping that goes all the way around the door, #10 on the LMC website is GM part number 15758703 and would be $65.35 each with the GMT400 discount (they list for $93.90 each) . The front drip weather strips, #12 on the LMC site are GM part number 15012833 and would be $31.68 each with the discount (these list for $45.52 each). They are quite a bit more than the LMC ones. But I wanted to just fill you in on the OEM ones. Certain things like sensors and modules you are much better off getting OEM. I'm not too sure what the quality difference in OEM versus LMC is weather stripping is. But FYI^^ theres your options.

Also I don't know how the weatherstripping on our trucks are attached but I've taken a lot off different cars and I would highly recommend this, or a similar tool http://www.sears.com/astro-pneumati...494202?prdNo=7&blockNo=7&blockType=G7 I have pretty much the same set from harbor freight but I couldn't find it on their site. I use these "upholstery/fork tools" for X amount of jobs in the garage, they're defiantly worth having in the toolbox.

That's a pretty good discount. Gonna have to remember your name in the future. Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

jcoatswo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a pretty good discount. Gonna have to remember your name in the future. Lol.

Thank you, my employee discount is 15% over cost, I'm giving GMT400 16% over cost :) just to keep the boss off my back. I can't order a crazy amount of parts every week, charge them our at 15% over, and say they're all for me. So 16% is what you guys get lol. Almost employee discount.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Well, I appreciate it, as I'm sure everyone else does too.