Will wheel spacers help or hurt me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right section for this but I have a quick question. I recently put 315 duratracs on my truck and everything fits okay during normal driving but does lightly rub occasionally when turning entering a driveway and things of that nature. Im looking to widen my stance anyway so my question is will wheel spacers help correct my rubbing issues or make them worse? The rubbing that im most concerned about occurs rarely on the bumper and just dont want it to rip lugs or anything crazy. So would wheel spacers help widen my stance and decrease rubbing or not? thanks guys

98k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm honestly not sure on the rubbing but they are hard on front end parts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
With a wider stance you would rub a lot more into the bumper and the fender.

Think about it like this, with a spacer it will take your tire away from the frame, but that's also taking it farther away from the pivot point of the knuckle creating an even longer radius that your tire/wheel turns on.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats kinda what I was thinking would happen but wasnt sure. Id much rather rub frame than bumper lol

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this would help the most....

You must be registered for see images

:shrug: but I'm not totally sure :rofl:

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think this would help the most....

You must be registered for see images

:shrug: but I'm not totally sure :rofl:

Haha im just nervous about cutting because then id be making a straight edge that would cut instead of rub

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
You know, it's weird that these trucks rub in different spots depending on what wheel/tire combo you have. I'm running 17x9, -11 offset DC1's w/ MT Baja Claw's. The only place it rubs ever is on the inner fender lip when I back up, with no crank.