Will this transmission work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badassformula383lt1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My transmission in my 95 silverado 4x4 has been messing up, and i have a 1996 Corvette 4l60e and tci 3500 stall laying around. I was wondering if i could make this vette trans work an what id have to do to make it work. There both 4l60e's an use the same clip.

thanks!

badassformula383lt1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
found the answer im looking for, would need to change the out put shaft an gotta fully disassemble the trans to do it. so my next question is, since my tires are bald an not able to go mudding anymore to begin with. For the time being can i pick up a 2wd drive shaft and install the vette transmission an leave the transfer case sitting on the bench, basically un hooking the 4wd.

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah im pretty sure you could do that but if you have an ext cab youll have to carrier bearing and if that is aint there a crossmemeber they sit on

badassformula383lt1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
no its a standard cab short bed 95 chevy 4x4. this seems like the cheapest route to go. what all would i have to disconnect to make it work with the 2wd trans? sorry not familiar with the 4x4 systems really.