While the intake is off...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking that don't go to a/c I'm thinking it's smog pump or something else. I only had 2 tiny lines like that on mine one was to the smog/A.I.R. pump under the a/c compressor, the other goes to the egr solenoid.

QuickOrange

Reaction score
That may very well be. I'll check it out and see what it is, but in the meantime, I'm more concerned with my rusted manifold bolts and getting everything squared away. I'll make sure to post back about what that little tube was.

LikeARock

Reaction score
You should change that heater hose fitting while the manifold is off... i didn't on mine cause i was in a hurry, now i know im going to be doing the whole job again someday when that fitting leaks.

QuickOrange

Reaction score
Well, I had to buy a pry bar, but I finally got the intake off last night. Besides some rust in the coolant ports, it didn't look too bad. Some crap that was around the edges of the manifold fell into the engine, so I'll be taking a shop vac to it.

QuickOrange

Reaction score
So I pulled out my FelPro gaskets for the intake and realized that the rear coolant ports are almost entirely blocked on the gaskets (there's a small hole), but the ports are open on my block. Is this correct? I had the engine rebuilt by an engine shop about 8 years ago, so I don't remember whether the rear ports were originally blocked.

EDIT: And I do have the stupid heater hose fitting coming off the rear that goes to the heater core. I'm not sure if that changed through the years, but there it is :D

Last edited:

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
So I pulled out my FelPro gaskets for the intake and realized that the rear coolant ports are almost entirely blocked on the gaskets (there's a small hole), but the ports are open on my block. Is this correct? I had the engine rebuilt by an engine shop about 8 years ago, so I don't remember whether the rear ports were originally blocked.

EDIT: And I do have the stupid heater hose fitting coming off the rear that goes to the heater core. I'm not sure if that changed through the years, but there it is :D

Sounds right to me.