which one is my MAF sensor? Pics included

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

please use paint or something and circle whichever one is the one i should clean....thanks! also please post how i go about unhooking it

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The MAF has the rectangular box on top of it. You remove the pigtail then loosen the band clamps on each side. Then pull the intake tubing back to release the MAF. Get some CRC electrical cleaner and spray the screen down. Be careful not to touch the element and for christ's sake, DON'T remove the screen.

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The screen helps even the airflow out over the sensor. Removing it provides zero benefit and as I've seen documented across many forums, can cause more problems than it *may* solve. Until you're maxing out the intake limitations (around 400 hp) there's no benefit to modifying/upgrading the stock MAF.

I'll change my mind when someone proves it on a dyno.

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
one more thing...i posted this on another thread but never got an answer..could this have to do with the MAF sensor..........

what is this? when i am backing out at work and put it in drive and start turning i feel a little hesitation...could this be the cause of that...also could a dirty MAF sensor cause that too?

its not spark plugs as i recently changed these
as another user said it feels like im running over mini speed bumps.