Where is this hardware?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

24 Karat Brown

Completely Broke
Reaction score
94 Chevy C1500 350 NV3500
Where can I find the little plastic screw-mount things and screws for my front turn signals? I’m missing one screw on both sides and the plastic bits they screw into are missing or so chewed up they don’t screw anymore

SuperSpore

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do these work on the early gmc grills 88-94?
If i remember correctly there were some differences on the grills: chevy vs gmc... but I don't know if it affects this plastic nut?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Do these work on the early gmc grills 88-94?
If i remember correctly there were some differences on the grills: chevy vs gmc... but I don't know if it affects this plastic nut?
You mean early grilles 88-93. 94 is when they changed.

88-93 use the "wavy" spacers that also double as plastic nuts. You can get them from LMC and probably elsewhere but they are definitely more specialized in application than the square plastic nuts used in the 94-up grille.

You need the wavy spacers for 88-93 so the park lamps sit correctly in the grille. If you blow this pic up fullsize you can see 'em snapped into place.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

SuperSpore

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean early grilles 88-93. 94 is when they changed.

88-93 use the "wavy" spacers that also double as plastic nuts. You can get them from LMC and probably elsewhere but they are definitely more specialized in application than the square plastic nuts used in the 94-up grille.

You need the wavy spacers for 88-93 so the park lamps sit correctly in the grille. If you blow this pic up fullsize you can see 'em snapped into place.

Richard
Yup, I meant pre-94... Thank you for the pic.
but now I'm perplexed because i have 2 pre 94 gmc grills, and neither have the wavy spacers.
The one that still has tabs is currently installed, and it has some white nylon nuts to receive the screws, and the parking lights are installed that way.
to me they look correctly spaced without the spacers.
But I do remember seeing those wavy spacers before, for sure. Just not on these 2 grills here.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yup, I meant pre-94... Thank you for the pic.
but now I'm perplexed because i have 2 pre 94 gmc grills, and neither have the wavy spacers.
The one that still has tabs is currently installed, and it has some white nylon nuts to receive the screws, and the parking lights are installed that way.
to me they look correctly spaced without the spacers.
But I do remember seeing those wavy spacers before, for sure. Just not on these 2 grills here.
You can make it work without them, using the plastic nuts the 94-up grilles use - but the spacers are the correct setup for 88-93. With them in place, the 88-93 park lamps (which have a sloped face if you haven't noticed) sit just above flush with the grille, same as the headlights.

Here's the 88-93 grille with the 88-93 park lamps, and spacers. Note how they poke out about the same amount as the headlights:

Richard

SuperSpore

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can make it work without them, using the plastic nuts the 94-up grilles use - but the spacers are the correct setup for 88-93. With them in place, the 88-93 park lamps (which have a sloped face if you haven't noticed) sit just above flush with the grille, same as the headlights.

Here's the 88-93 grille with the 88-93 park lamps, and spacers. Note how they poke out about the same amount as the headlights:

Richard
Thanks makes sense.... really nice dually by the way!