When i turn left

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I get a poppin noise. Dont have anyone to help me look by turning for me . Anyone got suggestions on what it could be. Ive checked all joints arms and bolts. No play. Also when sittin still and turn the wheels it rauses the side of the truck im turning lowers the opposite.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Well I get the SAME noise turnin left and checked everything and I'm still not sure of it.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check your CV axels, when you hear a pop it usually means the u joint is on its way out!

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Where is the u joint actually located? I'm not the smartest with names of things.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where is the u joint actually located? I'm not the smartest with names of things.

Where the boot is on the CV axle, is where the U joints are. Basically it means your CV Axel needs to be replaced 9 times out of 10. Grab the center shaft on the CV Axle and try to wiggles it, if there is excessive play that is most likely the culprit!

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I don't mean to look like an idiot here but my passenger side definetely has more play than my drivers side.
I grabbed it and could wiggle it a little up and around and then side to side but my driver side I completely stable.
So... Could that be it or is tht normal?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't mean to look like an idiot here but my passenger side definetely has more play than my drivers side.
I grabbed it and could wiggle it a little up and around and then side to side but my driver side I completely stable.
So... Could that be it or is tht normal?

No that's not normal, the joints should be fairly tight a little bit of play is okay but not excessive. The Passenger side should have the same amount of play as the drivers side, if there is excessive play like you just explained; I would say that your passenger side CV axle needs replacement. Luckily its a rather cheap fix, you can pick up a brand new assembly from $40-$60 on average!

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Well I guess it's time to go pick one up then. Thanks alot mean green

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I guess it's time to go pick one up then. Thanks alot mean green

No problem, glad I could help! :handshake: You'll need a 36mm (IIRC?) socket to take off the spingle nut that is in the center of your wheel bearing hub, so make sure you have one of those on hand!

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you could turn the all the way,, hook a rubber stratchy on it,,, start the truck and put it into drive,,, stand back and listen for the noise,,,,, now getting the truck to stop is entirely up to you,, but please when ever you do this,, make sure you are in a large open area,,, like walmart parking lot or something,,,, also,, you need to video this entirely,,, than post it on here for all of us to watch,,, lol,, na just kidding,,,

most likely the cv joint is bad,,,