Wheel stud replacement!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And if the lug nut seats on the wheel are chewed up, be smart and replace the wheel. Or at very minimum leave yourself a note in a very obvious place to force you to regularly check the torque. I've seen more than once where someone failed to properly tighten lugs and snap off some studs, chew the wheel up, then the wheel would later come loose again because the lugs wouldn't seat properly against the damaged wheel. Seen it first hand, not "heard about" wive's tales. One guy had a really sharp little Rambler convertible with a Chevy 350 swap. Hated to see that car get hurt.

Richard

Thats the plan! Theyre chewed up. Ehh i had been wanting new rims anyways, just not the way i wanted to have to get em. I'm looking at a set of soft 8's or pro-comp "rock crawler"s. I used a larger punch than i was using and got the old stud out, now i've just got to get the new studs to seat properly.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A few times I've used several thick washers stacked up, and some throw-away open ended plain lug nuts, flipped around so the flat part of the nut is against the washer - and torque 'em down by hand, to draw the studs in.

Richard