Wheel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
So I'm looking at some 16x8 or 16x10 with my 315/75's.
I want them to stick out a little but not insane. They have 4.5inch backspacing so my question is what's gonna be best for my truck but not look like my tires are next to my headers?

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
As far as x8 or x10, that won't make them stick out more. The wheel will be wider and the sidewall will be farther apart on a x10. Have you ever seen boggers that look like they're balloons and the side wall "bubbles" out? That's because the wheel is narrower than the tire. The backspacing is what makes the tires stick out. If I remember right, my wheels are 5.47" backspacing. They're 17x9's with 37/12.5/17's. This is how mine stick out for a little bit of a reference.

You must be registered for see images attach

Your tread will be 12.4" wide and the tire will be 34.6" tall.

Your tire will stick out about an inch less than mine. I'd say roughly 1/2-3/4" out of the fenders with that tire and backspacing

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I like how yours do. So either one will stick out the same?
But what my question is now... I'm gettin BFG A/T 315's I don't want them bubbled out at all or anything like that so should I go with the 16x8's?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A 16x10 will stick out more then a 16x8 with the same offset. For example each with 4" backspacing on the 10" wide wheel the center will be at 5" sticking the tire out more.
The truck in the middle has 16x10's with 35's
You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Yes, the x10 with the same offset will stick out more, the x10 with the same backspacing will not stick out more.

-Via Mobile-