Wheel Hub Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do recall it being possible that yanked out with the axle when i removed it. It was something I had to rock the studs forward and back to unstick the splines where it had come to interference-rest. Usually when I pull off my cv nut the axle is a small palm shove or a rotate the spindle side to side while pushing the center to get out at worst. I havent had the shaft off in a long time tho. I can check my garage its still sitting where I put it and the cv axle is there too. the one boot popped open and I wasnt about to deal with cv axle grease thats been around the block. imagine every surface in the garage would have it in no time
What vehicle? I don't recognize that transmission.

I once accidently shifted at TH400 into reverse while going 45-ish. It's been so long that I don't recall exactly what happened, but I suspect it may not have actually engaged.
Years ago for fun we’d purposely hit reverse while driving for fun(R/D’S). You had to keep rpm’s up and you’d boil the tires. Of course we then just bought another car for $50.00!:Big Laugh:

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Yeah, the seal had to be missing, or the seal lips so torn-up they weren't touching the seal surface on the joint. Which lead to the seal surface rusting from road-splash. But would it also have corroded the splines badly enough that the female splines are missing? Are the male splines on the joint damaged/missing on the part we can't see in the photo?
i took more pics while looking for staples today