whats a good way to make my BORING instrument cluster look less boring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
need to do something with this
You must be registered for see images attach
its just to plain, any suggestions?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clear the needles and paint them another color and do LED's. The gauge overlays are alright too I guess. They seem to always just come in white for some reason though. Heavily consider how bad you want that cluster to look better before you go pulling the needles off and doing LED's. Both those things can really stress you out if you don't know exactly how to do it.

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
ok i understand the L.E.D. lights but what does "clearing the needles" do? you mean like scuff them up and shoot some urithane clear on them? not sure i get it :confused:

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Clear the needles and paint them another color and do LED's. The gauge overlays are alright too I guess. They seem to always just come in white for some reason though. Heavily consider how bad you want that cluster to look better before you go pulling the needles off and doing LED's. Both those things can really stress you out if you don't know exactly how to do it.

You did this, didnt you? Pics of how it came out? I grabbed some needles from the junk yard last week. How did you clear them?

BIG MAC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clearing the needles means taking the orange off of the back of them. I did this to mine and painted the back side of them white to make them light red when I did my red L.E.D. swap.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Clearing the needles means taking the orange off of the back of them. I did this to mine and painted the back side of them white to make them light red when I did my red L.E.D. swap.

WIN!!

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
^hahaha yeah i like to keep it above half a tank, cost an arm and a leg to fill it up otherwise. thanks for all the info guys i will be doing this soon :)