What would YOU give for these wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
How do YOU like them?

To think, you were just wantin the wheels, and you got a nice set of wheels and a nice set of tires for dirt cheap!

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I love the wheels. IMO they have the perfect amount of "shine" to them. They were taken care of before I got em. When I washed the truck last night water just beaded off. The tires aren't bad. I think if I go with 33's again I'm going to get some sort of lift on it (maybe a 2"BL).... I know, I know, LOL. I need to put the flares on and see what you guys think of those with the tire/wheel combo.

Surprisingly, the tires aren't horrible on the road. Much quieter than I expected. Of course, they aren't new either.

Sent from Jolly Green's Droid

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
I'm telling you. I loved my claws. Had I not needed bigger tires with the lift, and got a killer deal on my tires, I'd be running them. My X-Terrains have a somewhat similar tread pattern.

I had cepeks as well but the black/polished ones. Cepek's actually are an "off road" wheel. They put a protective coating over the wheel to keep it from getting scratched. I hit mine with a ratchet numerous times when putting them on or taking them off and I never really noticed any scratches. If there were any, they were very very minimal. When I sold them they looked brand new, not like a 9 month old wheel. The buyer actually thought they were brand new because I'd put them back in the boxes they came in.

WPsharpshooter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What was the reasoning behind the guy letting you bend him over and pump him in the **** on the price of the wheels??? Was he that hard up for the money... Cus you got a smokin deal..

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I'm telling you. I loved my claws. Had I not needed bigger tires with the lift, and got a killer deal on my tires, I'd be running them. My X-Terrains have a somewhat similar tread pattern.

I had cepeks as well but the black/polished ones. Cepek's actually are an "off road" wheel. They put a protective coating over the wheel to keep it from getting scratched. I hit mine with a ratchet numerous times when putting them on or taking them off and I never really noticed any scratches. If there were any, they were very very minimal. When I sold them they looked brand new, not like a 9 month old wheel. The buyer actually thought they were brand new because I'd put them back in the boxes they came in.

You're absolutely right on both accounts. I know these wheels are at least 5 years old and they look better then some I've seen that are half that age. As far as the claws; I'm not sure I'd want to waste these tires driving 50 miles + every day. Right now its a DD, but that may change next year. I know I'll be asking for advice when its time to get new rubber, and I know where u stand LOL.

What was the reasoning behind the guy letting you bend him over and pump him in the **** on the price of the wheels??? Was he that hard up for the money... Cus you got a smokin deal..

LMAO! Not sure. I think they were taking up space in the garage. It was actually a woman and her son. Not sure which one had the them originally, but I bent the both of them over (theoretically speaking of course).

Sent from Jolly Green's Droid