What wheel hop is good for....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

And one of it on the trailer for good measure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That SUCKS!!
That's why I have these to put on next weekend.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ya know, they keep saying the non-greaseable U-joints are stronger; when you look at where the body of that one split you kinda have to think they may be right.

Really surprised the pinion yoke broke too. Wonder if what was left of the U-joint banging against it is why it broke.

Richard

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I was taught to make sure that the grease zerk is on the compression side of the D/S's rotation. Just for this reason.
Whipped96...Caltracs have enough room to be set up on a lowered truck?

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I use the non-greasable super strength joints for this very reason. Im sure the U-joint let go and when it slammed into the pinion yoke and broke it. I have seen severe trans damage from this kind of shock. Hope yours is ok.

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whipped96...Caltracs have enough room to be set up on a lowered truck?

Yup
I'm only lowered 3/4, regular front lowering hangers won't work so I had to get the Calvert Racing ones. They also make a setup to work with a flip kit.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used leas spring clamps on the springs in front of the axle towards the cab and I have no wheel hop

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was taught to make sure that the grease zerk is on the compression side of the D/S's rotation. Just for this reason.

Yeah, I did a driveline class awhile back and they were quite adamant that the u-joint be installed correctly...