What temps do your heaters put out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've noticed recently I've lost a bit of heater output. I usually have 105-110* out of the vents, whereas I used to have 125-130*.

I guess I just need to flush the cooling system and the heater core to clear any gunk out of it, but I just wondered what temps you guys usually got out of the registers.

Are these heater cores sensitive to higher pressures, or can I flush away with a hose any not worry about having to rip my dash out?

93blackthunder

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you shouldnt have to rip apart the dash to replace heater core if its needed in the 96 i used to have i just removed to cover under the dash and then took old one out and new one in.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hope it's that easy.

No, engine temp remains at 195.

I need to change the coolant anyways, I figure I'll replace both hoses (preventative maintenance), might as well replace the thermo too, and flush the cooling system, then see where I'm at.

Hopefully in the next month or so I can get this done.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do you change the heater core?! A long time ago I was cleaning my truck out and lifted the passenger floor mat up and there was a puddle. I had no clue what it was.

93blackthunder

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my 96 i just removed the black cover under passanger side of dash and poof there it was just had to remove the hoses at fire wall and install new one.

mike1988

Reaction score
i recently had the same problem with my 89 and i just flushed the heater core real good with my water hose and topped off the anti freeze and it went back to normal.

X-Cutioner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
if your heatercore isn't leaking i would flush it out first
my 95 will put out around 140 out of the center dash vent next to the cup holders