What sort of look I want

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I got a '91 Chevy C1500, standard cab long bed, and with only 49K miles. Got the good ol' 350 Vortec. I am thinking about lowering it, and I need your help. I'd like to achieve a look like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Something that still looks cool, but can also be a daily driver. Suggestions appreciated! Should I bag it or have coils? I'm not on a crazy budget, just looking for a cool look. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I got a '91 Chevy C1500, standard cab long bed, and with only 49K miles. Got the good ol' 350 Vortec. I am thinking about lowering it, and I need your help. I'd like to achieve a look like this:

Something that still looks cool, but can also be a daily driver. Suggestions appreciated! Should I bag it or have coils? I'm not on a crazy budget, just looking for a cool look. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can not speak for the other guys, but I got 2/4 drop and and I am fine with it as my truck is my daily driver. 2" spindles in front so it does not mess with with the factory suspension geometry, and I am still running factory height front shocks. In back I got shackles and hangers to get the 4" drop, although with these trucks, to get the right stance you have to "C" notch the frame for the axle travel to go lower. Only reason I did not go that route for the rear cause I did not want to alter my frame. By the way, since you have a long bed, it would be bad ass to actually get a dually rear end and body flares, then lower it. I like that style on the long beds.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can not speak for the other guys, but I got 2/4 drop and and I am fine with it as my truck is my daily driver. 2" spindles in front so it does not mess with with the factory suspension geometry, and I am still running factory height front shocks. In back I got shackles and hangers to get the 4" drop, although with these trucks, to get the right stance you have to "C" notch the frame for the axle travel to go lower. Only reason I did not go that route for the rear cause I did not want to alter my frame. By the way, since you have a long bed, it would be bad ass to actually get a dually rear end and body flares, then lower it. I like that style on the long beds.

The only "problem" using the dually rear-end would be 8 lugs on the rear and 5 lugs on the front. I've seen it done once and it looked less than good. Just my opinion.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only "problem" using the dually rear-end would be 8 lugs on the rear and 5 lugs on the front. I've seen it done once and it looked less than good. Just my opinion.
I am sure u can score some cheap front c3500 hubs, calipers and master cylinder. Would be sweet ! Or u can go a different route and lift it and don't go the lowered dually route

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a suggestion...

It might take you awhile but go through the Stupid Lowered Questions thread. I took this advice from some others on here and I took notes as I went through the thread page by page in a Word Doc. It helped me answer a lot of questions, and guided me to the direction I wanted to go with lowering my truck. I started out wanting a 4/6 static drop and ended up "settling" for a 5/8 with helper bags :D. There is a wealth of information in that thread on lowering your truck, plus links to other threads that help. Also, welcome the forum sounds like you have a beaut!

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/the-stupid-lowered-questions-thread.30/
Edit: Added link

Last edited:

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a suggestion...

It might take you awhile but go through the Stupid Lowered Questions thread. I took this advice from some others on here and I took notes as I went through the thread page by page in a Word Doc. It helped me answer a lot of questions, and guided me to the direction I wanted to go with lowering my truck. I started out wanting a 4/6 static drop and ended up "settling" for a 5/8 with helper bags :D. There is a wealth of information in that thread on lowering your truck, plus links to other threads that help. Also, welcome the forum sounds like you have a beaut!
Good advice from a wise man ! I did my homework too, well when I got to doing my LS swap. There are alot of options as long as you have the $$ to do it. Cut the bed and make it a Shortie, lift it as is, lift it as a dually, lower it as is (not recommend, no offense other long bed guys, just doesn't look right on a long bed unless it a dually ) or lower it as a dually (bad ass )

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet truck Dgonz! The dually idea does seem a little extreme lol, but it would be cool. What tires are you running on that beast?
2010 Camaro SS wheels, with the stock Camaro size tires, 245 45 20 front which are fine, but had to roll the front fenders and 275 40 20 which I will go wider, eventually.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I'm going fully bagged layin frame on my singlecab longbed. It's probably going to look crazy long when layed down....but thats the route I'm going.
Anyway. Speaking of lowered longbeds.
Sorry if I'm highjacking your thread project_whiteout but can't someone post some pics of lowerd singlecab longbeds,static,bagged or duallys doesn't matter?

Skickat från min SM-G389F via Tapatalk