What seats are these? Low back buckets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pachuco

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what or where these seats are from. I saw them on Facebook marketplace a few months back but I missed my opportunity. They are low back Bucket Seats!
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Early GMT400 buckets and they appear to have been re-covered. Last year for lowbacks I *think* was 1990, possibly 1991. The other seats were lowback as well; benches and split benches with no headrest.

Finding nice ones can be a bit tricky for 2 reasons - 1 is obvious, due to age they are almost always worn out by now. 2 - classic truck guys like them for swaps because they fit into regular cabs pretty well and leave lots of leg and headroom, they aren't large seats.

Richard

Pachuco

Reaction score
Early GMT400 buckets and they appear to have been re-covered. Last year for lowbacks I *think* was 1990, possibly 1991. The other seats were lowback as well; benches and split benches with no headrest.

Finding nice ones can be a bit tricky for 2 reasons - 1 is obvious, due to age they are almost always worn out by now. 2 - classic truck guys like them for swaps because they fit into regular cabs pretty well and leave lots of leg and headroom, they aren't large seats.

Richard
When you say recovered would that be with the same design. Because the only lowbacks I've seen are the ones in this pic, but they seem to look a little wider.
I found a guy selling another pair the same color and same good condition for $400 plus shipping from out of state. Which is why I haven't pulled the trigger the ones I found on marketplace was an hour or two away so I would've had the chance to go see them before hand. is that a good deal you think?

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Looks more like these:

In 1989 GMC sierra sales brochure. I think these were the seats I had in my truck before a 95-96 dash and seats were installed, in 1989 k2500. Had a cloth bench, I put in a leather bench from a 97+ truck.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
IIRC, the 88-91's had the low-backs as an option to the 2 different benches, as well as a 40/60.
The 92-94's changed to the high-back buckets.

88-94 bench seats were almost the same, with the one difference being that 88-91's had no headrests.
Like the buckets.
Those low-backs are kinda rare nowadays.
Little steep on the price though. I'd start @ $275.00 & go no higher than $325.00.

Pachuco

Reaction score
Looks more like these:

In 1989 GMC sierra sales brochure. I think these were the seats I had in my truck before a 95-96 dash and seats were installed, in 1989 k2500. Had a cloth bench, I put in a leather bench from a 97+ truck.
These seats look like the regular low back bench seats just with a little different upholstery. The ones I posted first appear to be smaller, they remind me alot of the bucket seats in my 65 mustang

Pachuco

Reaction score
IIRC, the 88-91's had the low-backs as an option to the 2 different benches, as well as a 40/60.
The 92-94's changed to the high-back buckets.

88-94 bench seats were almost the same, with the one difference being that 88-91's had no headrests.
What I like about them is that they look like if my bench seat had the middle cut out, and that would let me build a center console sub box instead of having the box behind my seat... I want to be able to scoot my seat all the way back again lol

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My '98 RCSB has Escalade buckets plus the console & I've got a 10" DVC sub in a decent sized custom box behind the console.
It's a tight fit. I had to angle the sub up on about a 30 degree angle to get it in there. Only thing that restricts the seats now is that the headrests will hit the rear window before they run out of track.
I ain't that tall anyways!
Still room on the back wall for 3 amps & a small travel case behind the seat with wax, cloths, detail spray, a 'California Duster', tire goop, interior wipes & a little spray bottle of who'r-lure.

Pachuco

Reaction score
My '98 RCSB has Escalade buckets plus the console & I've got a 10" DVC sub in a decent sized custom box behind the console.
It's a tight fit. I had to angle the sub up on about a 30 degree angle to get it in there. Only thing that restricts the seats now is that the headrests will hit the rear window before they run out of track.
I ain't that tall anyways!
Still room on the back wall for 3 amps & a small travel case behind the seat with wax, cloths, detail spray, a 'California Duster', tire goop, interior wipes & a little spray bottle of who'r-lure.
Yeah rn I have 2 12s in a wedge style box, but I'm 6'1 and a big guy so I would love the extra room. I plan to build a box for a sa12v2 with about 2cu. That one 12 should hit harder than my current set up with the pre fab that imo doesn't suck but I know they haven't hit their best potential. I will also probably build the center console up to the dash and mount some ds18 6ers. And I like how you have all that stuff in the truck ready to go. I have some window cleaner, tire shine, micros, and some spray detailer for the last minute touch ups at the meets/shows!