What Radiator to Get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kemo sabe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 91 1500 with a leaky rad. I was looking at summit racing and there are a few different options. Anyone have any recommendations? I was looking at the vista pro radiators And there's one with two rows and another with a single row. How do I know which to get? Any input or recommendations for a replacement would be greatly appreciated. I would like an aluminum one but I'm strapped for cash currently.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I wouldn't go with anything other than a Delphi or AC Delco on these trucks. That said, I've had a generic one from Advance Auto Parts for 16 months in my 92 now with no problems, had to get one in a hurry one day.

kemo sabe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I also was looking at the Delphi ones. Is the Delphi ra1163 correct for the 5.7 350 tbi?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Make sure you measure the one you have and verify if you have oil and/or tranny cooling lines going into it. Then take that info to RockAuto and look up radiators for your truck and use your data to find the right one. There are a lot of variables in size in a GMT400 radiator.

kemo sabe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just have the two trans lines going to the passenger side of the radiator and two green plugs on the drivers side. The two I see on rockauto. The ra1217 that says w/ EOC; w/ transmission oil cooler; WT model. The. The ra1163 says the same thing but has a size listed 34 x 17 1/2. I measured mine and it's 34 by about 20". It doesn't really state what is different in the two.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
when i replaced mine i got this, has the trans cooler lines for it, i see you said u have the trans lines so imo this is the one u should get, i bought it, great price and fits great no problems for me! my old radiator cracked at the top radiator hose connection on driver side, when removing the hose (i didnt need to replace them) the plastic part on the radiator where the hose connects snapped off, i got it out of the hose but since it hadnt ever been replaced(radiator) guess time caught up with it. but ya this is a radiator id recommend

i also have a 5.7 tbi so info matches with you
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0073MEJVE/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?tag=5336121856-20

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
you dont have a local rad rebuild place? Around here, we can get rads revuilt for aa good price. Might be worth having a look

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you dont have a local rad rebuild place? Around here, we can get rads revuilt for aa good price. Might be worth having a look

radiator rebuilt? hmmf never heard of that! but imo i wouldnt really "trust" well i wouldnt say trust but i wouldnt really feel as confident as i would with getting a new one. But may be worth the time if someone good does it

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
My father has gotten it done many times. never had any issues. WHen you get it back, it actually ends up looking brandnew!

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My father has gotten it done many times. never had any issues. WHen you get it back, it actually ends up looking brandnew!

oh wow, i can honestly say i never knew they could rebuild them. tbh i am doubtful that mine could have been fixed
You must be registered for see images attach

new