What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, some of you may have seen my other thread about the coolant temp gauge and sensor. I am starting to piece it together but have found another oddity. I believe the part I am asking about is part of the ignition system... however what was plugged into it is what should be going to my coolant sensor. In the haynes manual it does show an ignition switch would be on the same wire as my temperature sensor but im not sure where or how the two splice together.

What is this and where does this white wire go? I have a 1990 5.7L 350 TBI 4x4 any pictures or help would be great!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you were talking about the white wire that is unplugged that is for a tach. In your year a tach was not offered. That is simply for diagnostic purposes in that year. The wire that appears to be plugged into it definitely looks like the wire for the coolant temperature sensor that goes in the driver side head.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha yea. I figured out at the junkyard today that the wire that was plugged into it was def for my coolant temp sensor so i pulled it out and was then curious what is supposed to go there. Thanks so much you have no idea how confused i have been for the last 2 days. Strangely enough tho that wire fit in there perfectly, not sure who plugged it in there or how long ago but that clears up a bunch.