What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went and picked up this today. My first new anything with wheels.

You must be registered for see images attach

It's a PJ CC222. 22' deck, about 3000# empty, 14k rated. Has removable fenders, swing down jacks in the back, and a wire mesh floor dealie in the tongue. Had to drive 4 hours each way, but they undercut everyone close to me while having a trailer with more features.
Love it; that one is very similar to the PJ I looked at back in 2019 when I was looking for a trailer. Went back the next morning with a deposit for it and the dealer had sold it and wasn't supposed to be getting anything like it for another 2 months.

Wound up with my Carry-On that wasn't exactly what I wanted but I got a screaming deal on it.
How does it pull? And got a picture of the mesh in the tongue? I've been thinking of doing something similar to mine for chain storage.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went and picked up this today. My first new anything with wheels.

It's a PJ CC222. 22' deck, about 3000# empty, 14k rated. Has removable fenders, swing down jacks in the back, and a wire mesh floor dealie in the tongue. Had to drive 4 hours each way, but they undercut everyone close to me while having a trailer with more features.
Nice trailer! I could use one just like it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Love it; that one is very similar to the PJ I looked at back in 2019 when I was looking for a trailer. Went back the next morning with a deposit for it and the dealer had sold it and wasn't supposed to be getting anything like it for another 2 months.

Wound up with my Carry-On that wasn't exactly what I wanted but I got a screaming deal on it.
How does it pull? And got a picture of the mesh in the tongue? I've been thinking of doing something similar to mine for chain storage.

Of course it pulled like a dream, thing was empty! Here's the tongue area.

I want to put a wedge shaped box here for my straps and chains.

Nice trailer! I could use one just like it.

Thanks! Since you're in money incinerating mode yourself I recommend picking one up.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My buddy scored the F250; 7.3L/ZF5, 170K. She's a little rough around the edges, aside from the paint being cooked, stuck rear brakes and a blown brake line it's a solid enough rig.
My poor truck was begging for mercy, we should've taken the ramps off and moved it back 8 or 10 inches, when we first loaded it my springs were sacked out. Put 70 pounds in the bags and it was still sqautting decently, so it's probably time for some new leaf springs out back.
Truck towed okay, about the usual results with my current issues.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My buddy scored the F250; 7.3L/ZF5, 170K. She's a little rough around the edges, aside from the paint being cooked, stuck rear brakes and a blown brake line it's a solid enough rig.
My poor truck was begging for mercy, we should've taken the ramps off and moved it back 8 or 10 inches, when we first loaded it my springs were sacked out. Put 70 pounds in the bags and it was still sqautting decently, so it's probably time for some new leaf springs out back.

Situations like that are why I ultimately went with slide in ramps. I debated and had the option, but figured if I needed something to hang off the back the slide ins were the way to go. It helps that they slide in the back too and not the side. Those suck. One thing that I'd recommend is a WD hitch, would unsack the truck significantly.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
It says "hey dammit get that Phat Phord off my ass!" I would also recommend a weight distributing hitch, and the Phord is prolly a little too far forward. But y'all got it done in spite of all that....

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Towed our 5500 lb camper on a five day trip; the first of the season. Not far, only an hour and a half away, so an easy shakedown cruise.

Last year was our first year camping with the trailer, and in the process I've learned a few things about towing. I think that the weight-distribution hitch is finally sorted out.