What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chackerman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Towed my old 1994 K2500 that will be a parts truck for my current build home from my folks trip. 1200km trip. The burb pulled it flawlessly but thirstily.

You must be registered for see images attach

KevinF

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was watching this auction and felt I couldn't do without 500ft of 4 inch pipe (40 foot lengths) two hours from home. Trailer is same I have posted before. 30 ft tandem dual Gatormade. 8500lb tare. 5k lbs pipe.

Aside, got my 255 85s put on the red truck this year.

Last edited:

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1991 Mazda Miata RallyCross car..... Actually Saturday, but i just joined today.

1995 K2500, 454 TBI, 3.73s.....

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was watching this auction and felt I couldn't do without 500ft of 4 inch pipe (40 foot lengths) two hours from home. Trailer is same I have posted before. 30 ft tandem dual Gatormade. 8500lb tare. 5k lbs pipe.

Aside, got my 255 85s put on the red truck this year.

How well does your truck handle that gooseneck? I've thought about putting the rails and a gooseneck plate back in my truck but I don't know that I'd ever haul with it,

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
How well does your truck handle that gooseneck? I've thought about putting the rails and a gooseneck plate back in my truck but I don't know that I'd ever haul with it,

Only challenge you'd face is weight, they pull way nicer than bumper pulls.

KevinF

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That goose in particular is big enough it doesn't make much sense to put behind a little truck. Its heavy, big torque tube running down the length, huge i beam frame. Tandem axles right towards the rear. However, I got a smokin deal on it so it is what I've got. Tandem duals are a better setup for scrub and not bending axles and eating tires but there is increased drag. Depending on which truck I pin it up to, I put 30-50 lbs in the airbags to level out after its pinned up (with nothing on the trailer). I've pulled lighter built tri-single (PJ) goosenecks that feel they are literally half as heavy behind the truck. Aside from the particulars of the trailer itself, I love having the gooseneck or 5th wheel. I prefer to pull it over a bumper. It pulls well. I kept it in direct. Ran about 108km/h at 2400. 4l80e has awkward wide gear spacing when you're running heavyish.

Last edited:

Devin Taylor

Reaction score
Finally got to throw the Camaro on the trailer. Fits absolutely perfectly on there and the doors even clear the fenders by about a 1/4". Luckily with the spring rates the car does not move at all with someone in it so I don't have to worry about sag. Only tough part is you have to be real precise stuffing a 78" wide car onto an 82" deck by yourself.