What have you towed lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jermaine Smith

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Devin, how long is your trailer and whats the details on the truck? I bought my truck to just to pull my 4th gen camaro.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got to throw the Camaro on the trailer. Fits absolutely perfectly on there and the doors even clear the fenders by about a 1/4". Luckily with the spring rates the car does not move at all with someone in it so I don't have to worry about sag. Only tough part is you have to be real precise stuffing a 78" wide car onto an 82" deck by yourself.

You must be registered for see images attach

Have you thought about a winch with wireless control? So effortless to walk the car onto the trailer. That said, I just stick my head outside my side window when I drive mine onto the trailer, just stay super close on the left side and assume the right side is clearing.

Devin Taylor

Reaction score
Devin, how long is your trailer and whats the details on the truck? I bought my truck to just to pull my 4th gen camaro.

The truck is a 98 C2500 with the 5.7/4L80E/3.73. Most importantly the air conditioning works. The trailer is a 16ft R&R with a 20ft overall length. A longer trailer definitely pulls a bit nicer but this is the only size that will fit in my garage. I shove the car all the way up within 2-3 inches of the end in order to get the tongue weight right, and when I do that the back bumper is exactly at the end of the trailer. My doors clear the fenders by about a 1/4" without removing them and I don't scrape getting up but it is very close. We had to load my roommates GT3 on backwards in order to distrubute the weight correctly but it works well. Weight is 1180lb without any options and base price was about $4500 in March IRRC.

Have you thought about a winch with wireless control? So effortless to walk the car onto the trailer. That said, I just stick my head outside my side window when I drive mine onto the trailer, just stay super close on the left side and assume the right side is clearing.

I want one but I need to figure out how to mount it. It would have to go on the A frame since there is no room on the deck with this car. And then I'd need to figure out where to mount a hook for it on the car. Not a super high priority right now but definitely for next year.

Last edited:

Jermaine Smith

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Devin, thats a nice car and a nice trailer you have there. Speaking of LS... here is my 2000 camaro Z28 6 speed. Im running right at 500 rear wheel horsepower naturally aspirated.
You must be registered for see images attach