What do you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No its just the K&n

i cleaned the old air housing and modded so it would fit then sealed it all up.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wait isn't the air lid supposed to face the other way?? What did you do flip it backwards?? I love it. What did you use for the black tubing is that black pvc or an actual kit?? DW.

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait isn't the air lid supposed to face the other way?? What did you do flip it backwards?? I love it. What did you use for the black tubing is that black pvc or an actual kit?? DW.

Yeah I flipped it backwards and did a little slit on the two bumps that hold it in place at the base on the inside and folded them up and made it smooth with the rest of the base of the aircanister.
I'll get some pics of it

But the pipe is just regular 3 inch abs. The oval off the stock filter I used a 4 inch to 3 inch rubber fitting with pipe clamps and then a 45 street elbow which is a 45 elbow that connects to pipe on one side (goes over) and the other side is three inch. Kinda hard to explain. Then bolt the filter on.
I'll take some better more detailed pics if anyone wants em. Just let me know

I also fabed up a sheet metal heat shield.

Updated pics

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that 4 to 3 adapter is called a fernco fitting if ya decide to do a set up just ask for that at home depot

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No its just the k and n

So basically a home made cold air intake and heat shield

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there any performance gains compared to an open air element with a functioning cowl induction hood ? Just curious as I have been bouncing between the two options, and this looks really nice