What do these connectors go to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I've just been through this headache while swapping my '98 engine and harness into my '96, my gauges went full retard and the connectors are not the same, the truck wouldn't even start, I had to get '98-'00 dash and HVAC harnesses (actually the '00 HVAC harness has a different connector for the blower motor, if you're looking to upgrade your blower, find a harness for a '00 and get that blower motor). Did you use your factory dash harness, or the one that came with the dash? The big white connector is for some of your gauges, sensors, and HVAC controls (these are smaller in the '96 and '97 models). The black one with red wire is your blower power (these have a red wire and 2 black wires in '96 and '97). '96 and '97 are on their own and will not adapt to any other year. '98-'00 are all the same (except the HVAC). In '96-'97, the blower relay is grounded through the relay, in '98-'00 it's grounded to the firewall, along with your power accessories.

Last edited:

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
The big white one could be the speed sensor module that sits behind the glove box, above the AC, and the small black one might be the globe box light, if I remember correctly.

Correct for '94-earlier, but not '95-later. Speed sensor is not behind the glovebox on the later trucks