What all goes into an EGR delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently found a place that can tune my truck for me and an EGR delete is available.

I heard that it would run a lot healthier, and currently I've had to clean out the hole in my manifold due to it getting clogged and throwing a code.

What all needs to be done for the delete? Parts, labor etc? Tips tricks? anything is welcome.

Thanks y'all

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't mess with it if it were mine :shrug: I'm sure someone that's done it will chime in soon

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Unless you are making other mods that would require it, there is really no need. Of course, that is just my opinion. It isn't like the old days when we yanked all the smog stuff off because it was killing performance.

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only reason why I'm considering it is because I'm on my 3rd EGR valve since I've bought the truck. Not too sure how much it would effect how it runs?

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just made my own block off plate out of some 1/16" aluminum using the gasket as a templete. No cel for not having it and its alot less crowded back there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
EGRs are the devil.

~Via Mobile