What about a GMC tailgate banner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

How rare are these tailgate banners? I've seen three now but was only able to get a picture of one. One was really beat up, faded, and chipped, but the other two seemed to be in pretty decent shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

un4givn85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As hard as the Chevrolet ones are to find (for under $400), I can't imagine this one being possible. But, if someone could find a part number, I could get to looking!

hold on, a tailgate with the chevrolet banner on it is hard to find?
i have on leaning against my garage right now.
didnt think it would be worth anything.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What he's saying is buying a brand new banner itself is expensive, if one wanted to replace it. That's not what nice used tailgates tend to sell for.

Richard

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
if they were worth that much i wouldnt pull them off every truck i get lol

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Only Silverado's and Sierra's had aluminum banners on the GMT 400's. In 1999 I bought a 93 W.t. that didn't have a tailgate. I found one in a local sales paper. It came off of a 98 Silverado, so it had the aluminum banner. About 6 months later after I finished fixing up the truck, I was hit from behind, not a bad wreck, but enough to mess up the banner. I couldn't believe how expensive they are from the Chevy dealer, and they are hard to find from the aftermarket dealers. The aluminum banners are very expensive, but don't take my word for it , call your local Chevy Dealer parts department, or try to find one on line.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They're actually a discontinued part now. Not saying some dealers won't have old stock laying around, but everything except the GMC sticker ones are no longer being made. You can still find them new on eBay and other places once in a while for ungodly prices.