What’s this hose do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperTramp

Preparing truck & camper for N. American trek
Reaction score
Please take a look at these pictures and let me know if you can identify what this rubber hose is connected to under my ‘98 k2500 and what it should be connected to topside. It doesn’t go to the radiator or the washer reservoir. Thanks.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
What would make you think a hose connected to the front differential would have any chance of needing to be connected to your washer reservoir?

Mine has some sort of plastic vent cap on it, and I think it was attached to the fan shroud before I took that out.

SuperTramp

Preparing truck & camper for N. American trek
Reaction score
I was attempting to rule out any incorrect responses that others my give. Thanks for your responses. Any suggestions for a breather top to prevent stuff from falling in the hose?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Any suggestions for a breather top to prevent stuff from falling in the hose?

Maybe just search ebay or Amazon, or Rockauto.... it could be a generic part, as long as it's the right diameter to fit the hose. Failing that, you could look up the OEM number on one of the parts websites, and search for that.... it could be NLA, or a 100 million dollars, Though :)

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I was attempting to rule out any incorrect responses that others my give. Thanks for your responses. Any suggestions for a breather top to prevent stuff from falling in the hose?

It takes the same type as the one for the rear diff vent tube