well, I'm at a cross roads...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Keep your truck. Keep the (current) wife's ride. Keep the bike.
Sell everything else.
Buy a CTS-V as a retirement present to yourself!
Room for you, the wife, & your daughter, with the ability to still be the fastest sedan ever to turn a lap at the Nurbergring, surrounded with leather, a killer Bose sound system, & the A/C cranked!
Yet still refined enough for the country club.
556hp & almost 600 ft. lbs. o' torque! With the potential for a more! A LOT more!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Keep your truck. Keep the (current) wife's ride. Keep the bike.
Sell everything else.
Buy a CTS-V as a retirement present to yourself!
Room for you, the wife, & your daughter, with the ability to still be the fastest sedan ever to turn a lap at the Nurbergring, surrounded with leather, a killer Bose sound system, & the A/C cranked!
Yet still refined enough for the country club.
556hp & almost 600 ft. lbs. o' torque! With the potential for a more! A LOT more!

I've liked the CTS-V since they came out.

But, don't want to spend the money on one.

I might just sell them all off and be done with it.....retire to the 12 foot aluminum and some projects on the truck....

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Yeah, ours was maybe 7.5 feet high, 26' long, and no sliders. I think it was a 1994? Really lightweight construction, great little trailer, though.

We towed it with our Astro van! hahaha, got some funny looks doing that. It held it's own, though, and the short wheelbase could really maneuver that trailer into some tight spots.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Yeah, ours was maybe 7.5 feet high, 26' long, and no sliders. I think it was a 1994? Really lightweight construction, great little trailer, though.

We towed it with our Astro van! hahaha, got some funny looks doing that. It held it's own, though, and the short wheelbase could really maneuver that trailer into some tight spots.

Ours is light for what it is. All aluminum and fiberglass construction. Frame is steel, that's about it.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Keep the bird. It's a classic. There isn't many on the road that I see. So it would be unique.

Sent from ®obland

Not really salvageable unless I channel it and drop a full frame under it. It's a unibody so no frame to fix or change.

Not sure I want to do that much work in retirement.....

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Not really salvageable unless I channel it and drop a full frame under it. It's a unibody so no frame to fix or change.

Not sure I want to do that much work in retirement.....

You will have nothing but time. I'm just a sucker for classics.

I think the question you need to ask your self is, if I dedicate a year in to restoring a car, what would you and the misses enjoy cruising in the most.

You said the wife hates the mustang, which is understandable, so it's either the T-bird or the 300. Which would the misses prefer?

I know I sound like pansy, "ask the wife". :lol: but really I ask my wife's opinion on everything since its a together effort.

Sent from ®obland