well, I'm at a cross roads...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
If it won't take that long and you are retired then time is no excuse. That is cheap for a Cummins donor around here. Do the swap and then find a project that you and that hot little wife of yours will enjoy. Who knows, at the end of a day she might just enjoy the project so much tha the two of you sitting in two separate bath tubs looking at a sunset.

Nah, I'm pensioned now but I've got another 6-8 years to any kind of retirement. Likely semi retired. Until then, the truck has to stay an every day runner...

Fair point made above about the mustang and the new missus. Hard to drop something you've had for 27 years though...all things change I guess.

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Did someone say GTO?

You must be registered for see images

DAT SAP

Here's a few that I don't know who's they are.

You must be registered for see images attach

And you actually like Vette's... Eww.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Then it is time to buy a project that she likes and fill up a couple of bath tubs!

She could care less about vehicles. They're simply appliances to her.

Not getting the bathtub reference, but we do have a hot springs spa we tub together in....

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Did someone say GTO?

And you actually like Vette's... Eww.

Yeah, they're jelly beans on wheels. Not much different from my M stylistically other than its a 2 door. Even then, nearly identical profiles. Actually, its closer to a neon in style....yeuch. Common style for that era.

Where did I day I liked 'vettes? I was talking about suspension and drivetrains transplant. Not the whole car.....

Last edited:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Well, I'm almost at a decision I think.

TBird is a great classic, the breed will always be my first and favorite car and I would love to restore it, but I think it's gonna go. Too much rust, too much work and too much money for me to commit.

The Mustang is a car I'd love to hold on to and they're super easy and cheap to Hot rod, but I think there's too much baggage attached to keep it. It will damned near kill me to see it go, but I'll take whatever I get from it and drop it in my daughter's education fund which will take some of the sting out of it.

Which leaves the M. The wife has no issues with it, it's big and comfortable, it's got a certain class about it, it handles like a rat in sneakers, it's got decent power "as is" (250HP), it's easy to get in and out of (important given my body condition and I'm only 49) and if I want to go "whole hog" on making it a hot rod it's rust free and straight. Big rear seat and 4 doors means it's easy to haul the family and friends around if I'm so inclined. Chrysler originally designed it as a possible awd chassis so a lot of the architecture is already there for a front engine/prop shaft/rear transaxle car. Heck, I could probably drop a prowler rear in the car pretty much as is and turn it RWD. Same transaxle as in the car right now, just a different cover over the torque converter, a prop shaft and rear subframe. The Prowler actually uses the drivetrain and misc suspension parts from the LH series, which is what the M is (same as an Intrepid/Concorde/LHS) . It's also been paid for a couple times over, like most all my vehicles.

So, it looks like the M stays for now with an option to change my mind in the future........:)

Last edited:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
The missus threw me a curve ball!

She still doesn't want much to do with the mustang, but she suggested I keep it and fix it up for my little girl. Give it to her on her 16th. She can either keep it or sell it, her call. That gives me 5 years to get it sorted out.

I love that woman.

I'll probably keep the v6 and auto, refinish the interior, give it another repaint and then a good going through.

The 3.8 has 300,000 kms on it and runs as sound as a pound. The c5 is basically a c4 with a lockup converter and it's also in great shape. I may drop a 2.3 turbo in it for a bit better mpg and a bit more power. Have to see what I come across in the next 5 years.

Then, if she wants to keep it and build it, we have a daddy daughter project. I also get to keep it I. The family a little longer....

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
The missus threw me a curve ball!

She still doesn't want much to do with the mustang, but she suggested I keep it and fix it up for my little girl. Give it to her on her 16th. She can either keep it or sell it, her call. That gives me 5 years to get it sorted out.

I love that woman.

I'll probably keep the v6 and auto, refinish the interior, give it another repaint and then a good going through.

The 3.8 has 300,000 kms on it and runs as sound as a pound. The c5 is basically a c4 with a lockup converter and it's also in great shape. I may drop a 2.3 turbo in it for a bit better mpg and a bit more power. Have to see what I come across in the next 5 years.

Then, if she wants to keep it and build it, we have a daddy daughter project. I also get to keep it I. The family a little longer....

Sweet deal. The 3.8l is a good motor. Comp cams use to make a good cam for it.

Sent from ®obland